• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Windows Vista Adminstrative type account problem

Is there some sort of "back door" to changing an account to administrator from standard user in vista? What's going on is my sister keeps changing her account to Admin on our family computer, and tbh none of her trust her judgment with an administrative account on the computer all of us use. I keep setting her back to standard but she keeps changing it back to administrator. At first I thought that she just happened to know either me or my dads password somehow, so my dad and I changed both of our passwords. Yet I just checked again today and she's an admin again. She's not the smartest person out there to say the least... but I'm just really confused about how she's pulling this off. And what can I do to keep her from continuing doing it? I tried installing a key logger to see if she was going into my account or my dads, but for some reason it stopped taking record after a couple a days so I'm SOL there -_-

Thanks for any help.

TBH if she can circumvent Windows' security that easily and a keylogger, i'd say she's more than capable of handling Administrator privileges.

Anyway, what I would be doing is using something like Backtrack and google for a password cracking guide.

Counter by rearranging the boot order to prevent booting from USB/DVD, and put a BIOS password on, so she can't change it back. But, she could probably reset the CMOS. Put some tape on the case opening just in case.

Also check there isn't an extra administrator account that has been created as a backup.

TBH if she can circumvent Windows' security that easily and a keylogger, i'd say she's more than capable of handling Administrator privileges.
No, trust me she's not. I don't know how she's doing this, maybe she found out about the hidden admin account and is going through there, so I'll be locking that up now.. But the keylogger I think was conflicting with some antivirus stuff, so I needa get that sorted out. And I don't think she has even heard of Linux. Which is why this is confusing me like crazy right now.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Turns out her account is able to go from standard user to administrator without the consent of a current admin on the system (smart windows....). Anyone know how to fix this. Fyi I set her account to Standard User from my admin account. Then went into her account and all I did was go into controller panel and set the account from Standard to Administrative.