• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[WIP] Glow 0.1 - atmospheric arcade game

AndrewYY

GLOW 0.1

Well, this'll be the first thing I've ever made for the PSP :D woot.

Glow is a very short game involving glowing creatures fighting each other for light energy. You control one such creature, and have to defeat as many other creatures as you can in order to stay alive.

Gameplay
Your goal is to completely fill up your energy meter (bottom of screen) to 100%.

Getting closer to enemies will let you absorb their energy, but touching the enemy will cause you to lose energy.

There are no bosses or pre-programmed phases in Glow. The enemies appear in random waves, with certain enemies appearing more often than others. As your energy meter goes up, things will get harder.

If you find yourself surrounded by enemies, you can forfeit some energy to use a bomb, which will destroy all nearby enemies.

Controls
Dpad/Analog -> Control movement
R-Trigger -> Bomb

Screenshot
f_xwa2qfhm_a53b661.png

[video=youtube;E_Oqi8KDBG4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Oqi8KDBG4[/video]

Download
Glow.zip

Notes
This game is very much a WIP. I haven't written a menu yet, I don't have a scoring system, and the game doesn't end when you fill the energy meter. Right now, I'm just looking for ideas, criticisms, and your thoughts :)

EvilSeph

Administrator
This game looks unique, interesting and refreshing. It's making me want to pick up my PSP and give it a go. Now if only I could find it...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Pok

afteralter

S for Surreal
They look cute :)

AndrewYY

thank you dan, for the suggestion, I will add powerups to the todo list.

and thanks to everyone else for the kind words :)

unconcentrated

Earl of Awesome
Great game, AndrewYY!

May I suggest multiple difficulties(Easy,Medium,Hard)? The learning curve is kind of steep and you run out of energy fast.

Oh, on that note: you should make it GAME OVER when your energy bar is nil.

AndrewYY

May I suggest multiple difficulties(Easy,Medium,Hard)? The learning curve is kind of steep and you run out of energy fast.
Yeah, I kind of figured it might be a bit hard... I was making it so it wouldn't be too easy for myself, but I've been playing it for so long :p

Right now, the way it is, might be hard mode.

unconcentrated

Earl of Awesome
Yeah, I kind of figured it might be a bit hard... I was making it so it wouldn't be too easy for myself, but I've been playing it for so long :p

Right now, the way it is, might be hard mode.

That sounds like it would make sense. I've "died" within 3 minutes most times I played.