• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Working with vlf-Library

Hey devs,
hopefully someone can help me. How can I add an icon to the titlebar? I've searched google and have read the whole vlf.h but haven't found sth useful.
I know, that this function creates a titlebar:
vlfGuiSetTitleBar(vlfGuiAddText(0,0,"Text here"),0,1,0);
And I remember that this arg---------------------^ is for icons. If set to NULL then an icon is not required..but how to add one?

Regards ;) And sorry, my English isn't that good :D

Deathrow

I know, that this function creates a titlebar:

Uhh someone can correct me but this is a mild guess.

vlfGuiSetTitleBar is a function that will *obviously* set the title bar.
I'm assuming those 3 numbers in red are x,y,z coordinates for positioning the title (because your adding text lol)

Just a guess lol, never used this function before. Perhaps someone will be able to help you out.

explosions

I'm assuming those 3 numbers in red are x,y,z coordinates for positioning the title (because your adding text lol)

If you had taken 5 seconds to google the function before posting about something you know nothing of, you would've realized the numbers aren't even close to being coordinates and the first one isn't even a number. :rolleyes:

Hellcat

Contributor
If you really did read the includes this line should've told you how to add a picture:
void vlfGuiSetTitleBar(VlfText text, VlfPicture pic, int visible, int hideobj);
Look up the VlfPicture struct (supposingly in the same include) and off you go.
Maybe there's even a function to make a proper pointer to a pic, like for the text, dunno, never used VLF.
And it took me approx 7.3 seconds to google that up....

Spiros

Maiki
Uhh someone can correct me but this is a mild guess.

vlfGuiSetTitleBar is a function that will *obviously* set the title bar.

Just a guess lol, never used this function before. Perhaps someone will be able to help you out.

Not trying to rub it in even more, but you wouldn't need a z coordinate to place text.

If you really did read the includes this line should've told you how to add a picture:

Look up the VlfPicture struct (supposingly in the same include) and off you go.
Maybe there's even a function to make a proper pointer to a pic, like for the text, dunno, never used VLF.
And it took me approx 7.3 seconds to google that up....

Thanks, I've solved the problem :) A major honour that "Hellcat" has helped me :D