• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Would you buy a PS3 if the price was dropped?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If the price drop was substantial - $200 less on the 60GB model, I'd probably go for one right now. The games aren't great right now as with any console launch but it'd definitely be a cool toy to install Linux on :)

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
If the price drop was substantial - $200 less on the 60GB model, I'd probably go for one right now. The games aren't great right now as with any console launch but it'd definitely be a cool toy to install Linux on :)

If I had the money, I would've gotten on the day the system was released. If the price dropped by $200 (assuming you mean USD) for the 60GB unit, I would be definately be saving and buy it the day I had enough money. There are certain games I can't wait for it to come out and they're Playstaion exclusive, Gran Turismo series, and Killzone are a couple examples. Besides, I like the backward compatability of it.

Not only that. Take a look at these news articles:

Article 1:
Sony Reveals Playstation Home. 56K WARNING!!

Article 2:
Playstation Home set for October.

I gotta get me a PS3 before October.:cool:

UPDATE: I see that my above links are also mentioned in PS3 news.

UPDATE2: I just found out that Sony may be removing the PS2 hardware from the PS3 and and follow Micro$oft's backward compatability via software scheme. :(

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Haha, I'm getting a PS3 this week or early next week for $150, at EB Games!! The 60 GB version. Brand new!!

:cool:

abel

Needs Games

First off I have to say I have been a pretty loyal customer of Sony, and with the recent PSP aquisition have had all their consoles minus the PS3.

Price is way too expensive for a student like me.

Games are lacking, but as it has been mentioned that is common for launch.

If they manage too keep games like Final Fantasy, Xenosaga (hoping they continue with that one), and MGS to their system then I will certainly eventually get one. If not... i might be falling off the bandwagon.

I understand that the system is all powerful and can do a heck of a lot (so i hear/read), but I am a console gamer, and thats all i am looking at when it comes to my next gen pick.

Note** - leaning towards Wii, just cause it can probably scam the girlfriend into having fun playing vid games (shocking) :eek: ;) :D

seann33uk

Darkchild

The Doctor
Call me a fanboy, call me whatever you like, but sometimes gameplay is better than graphics, I'll stay with the wii on my wish list ;)

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Well, I got my PS3 yesterday, and instead of $659 CDN, I got it for about $360 CDN, taxes included! :D It's a really nice system. :D

Pariah

If any Australians are interested, they're running a short comp on Gamerwithin.com. The prize is one of three F.E.A.R games for the ps3. Getting a free game might be an incentive to buy a ps3, though selling the game would probably be more attractive to someone like me. The comp involves taking a photo of your worst fear. They're looking for humerous entries that will make them laugh.

http://www.gamerwithin.com/?view=article&article=2290

This site isn't very big in terms of posters (under 10 regular posters), you've got a better chance of winning than you may think.