• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

WoW keeps showing up in my recent played games despite not having a sub since 2018

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'd say another possibility is if you've deleted WoW characters and someone else registered the names, the site wouldn't know this and still think those characters are tied to your account.

Re-linking the Blizzard account should remove any deleted characters, but you might have to sign into the account on WoW and sign out so it triggers an update on Blizzard's side. Otherwise it's considered an inactive account by their API and we can't see any characters at all so it won't remove any.

Also I don't know if Guild achievements are still awarded to inactive characters if you're part of the guild, that could also be it.