• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

WWDC keynote live today

Seth

MD Party Room
my 3G plan was up in march. will i still need to pay the 199 price for the upgrade for 16gb? and I will still retain the unlimited plan correct? 2gb limit on new plan :scared: holy shit that's what....2-3 netflix movies if that.

I think they move you to the new plan if you upgrade..

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
If you're on an unlimited plan already and choose to upgrade your phone they will not require the new plan.

I had work the past 7 hours so couldn't chime in my thoughts on the new iPhone.

My thoughts: Cool stuff, but same old iPhone OS....it's getting old. The camera is great (love how they said megapixels don't matter). The antenna design is awesome (my favorite part of the new iPhone) and the screen is gorgeous.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
If you're on an unlimited plan already and choose to upgrade your phone they will not require the new plan.

I had work the past 7 hours so couldn't chime in my thoughts on the new iPhone.

My thoughts: Cool stuff, but same old iPhone OS....it's getting old. The camera is great (love how they said megapixels don't matter). The antenna design is awesome (my favorite part of the new iPhone) and the screen is gorgeous.

I totally disagree, the iPhone OS (iOS) the best part of the phone. The OS is the reason the phone sells, it continues to be of consistently higher quality and usability than any other smartphone.

Safari 5's alright:

• Extensions
  • Nitro JS Engine
  • Hardware Acclerated, both on OS X & Windows
  • Safari Reader

Wireless N hopefully means Wi-Fi sync in the near future.

For the iAds: "sudo cat '127.0.0.1 iad.apple.com' >> /etc/hosts" hopefully should work when iOS4 comes around. Depends how widespread they become. I don't want to be seeing iAds popping up everywhere, especially in paid apps.

Also, 940x640? Damn.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I totally disagree, the iPhone OS (iOS) the best part of the phone. The OS is the reason the phone sells, it continues to be of consistently higher quality and usability than any other smartphone.

It's the same old interface for the past 4 years and it's getting old. Sure it works great...to launch apps. It's a launcher, not much else. You can't have widgets on the main screen to display key bits of information (weather, time, calendar, etc.).

Sure, it works great for what it does, but it doesn't do much for me

Hardware is "revolutionary", but the software is not

Joey

He's talking about the UI, which he's right about. This phone has my technolust at an all time high, but after having two Android phones, its clear they need to either update the home screen, or they need to update the lock screen. It needs to display more than just the time. This plays into my other issue, which is notifications. I love the iOS too, but Android woes the floor with iOS when it comes to notifications.

All that said, this phone is just too awesome not to get. Those are two pretty significant issues, but I'm just fed up with my N1's shitty touch screen and general bugginess. Android would be amazing in a world with out an iPhone. But the lack of polish on a day to day basis is grating. As soon as I can, I'm getting me an iPhone 4.

!Kernel Panic!

OUTL4W 4Lyfe
Any mention on how much ram this will have or did I miss that part?

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
It's the same old interface for the past 4 years and it's getting old. Sure it works great...to launch apps. It's a launcher, not much else. You can't have widgets on the main screen to display key bits of information (weather, time, calendar, etc.).

That's what jail braking is for, you can have useful information and widgets on the Lock Screen. And since the OS is pretty muh the same, previous versions of Lockinfo should work when the jailbrake for iPhone 4 comes out on launch day

Robby

Los Doyers!
That's what jail braking is for, you can have useful information and widgets on the Lock Screen. And since the OS is pretty muh the same, previous versions of Lockinfo should work when the jailbrake for iPhone 4 comes out on launch day

You shouldn't have to jailbreak to make the phone more appealing.
That itself is a downside.