• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[X360] Reset Glitch JTAG Discussion

Spiros

Maiki
[video=youtube;JyYdL4L6vwE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyYdL4L6vwE[/video]

I just discovered last night there is a new vulnerability that has been found and exploited for all non-XENON/OPUS motherboards (that's basically all 360s other than a couple of really early models). Apperantly, it can only boot into Xell at the moment, where you can launch homebrew, no custom dashboards as of yet, but it has only been released about a week ago. Anyone, seen this yet, and planning on jtagging?

I'll definitely be jtagging mine, I wasn't very happy when I missed out on the first jtag, so I am very excited about this.

Adiuvo

My brother will be happy about this. He doesn't get games often.

Robby

Los Doyers!
The process is kinda simple actually, but a tool is being made to make it noob friendly.
I found out about this when it was first announced last week but I don't have the tools needed to do it so I'm just going to wait for the tool to be made.

Spiros

Maiki
Which tool are you talking about, the Executor NAND-X addon? I think I might just buy the DIGILENT CMOD board, and the rest of the components I can get free, because I'm taking Electronics at college, so basic components I can get free. Anyone know if you usually end up having to flash your NAND often, or is it pretty much just a handful of times. Because if it's something I might be doing often I might look at ordering a USB NAND reader as it's way faster, maybe even mount a USB port on the back of the console to make it even easier.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
The process is kinda simple actually, but a tool is being made to make it noob friendly.
I found out about this when it was first announced last week but I don't have the tools needed to do it so I'm just going to wait for the tool to be made.
That's exactly what I'm waiting for. I had a serial nand reader before, but it was so slow it got me really nervous the first time I dumped a nand. I'll definitely get a USB nand reader this time and which ever tool makes this process as simple as possible in about a month (so all the kinks are worked out).

It's funny how this new exploit came out right just before all the 'play all your games from USB hard drive' products. I bet a lot of people are canceling their >$100 preorders to go with the cheaper scene made tools

Robby

Los Doyers!
Which tool are you talking about, the Executor NAND-X addon? I think I might just buy the DIGILENT CMOD board, and the rest of the components I can get free, because I'm taking Electronics at college, so basic components I can get free. Anyone know if you usually end up having to flash your NAND often, or is it pretty much just a handful of times. Because if it's something I might be doing often I might look at ordering a USB NAND reader as it's way faster, maybe even mount a USB port on the back of the console to make it even easier.
I don't know how familiar you are with the xbox hacking scene but whenever something like this comes out, a billion noob friendly tools get made by several companies, mainly Team Xecuter.

But right now I'm just waiting til they all drop and go on user feedback to see which ones the best. They have chips that do the glitch for you, then they have some that do all the other good stuff. Gonna wait for an all in one most likely.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Sweeeet, somehow missed this on X360I. Will definitely be doing this with my banned console, not sure about my live one.

Spiros

Maiki
I don't know how familiar you are with the xbox hacking scene but whenever something like this comes out, a billion noob friendly tools get made by several companies, mainly Team Xecuter.

But right now I'm just waiting til they all drop and go on user feedback to see which ones the best. They have chips that do the glitch for you, then they have some that do all the other good stuff. Gonna wait for an all in one most likely.

Yeah, not too familiar, been reading alot though, so when I do decide to do this I won't be too lost. I'm going to wait it out as well, see how this hack evolves, for me the biggest thing that will make me buy one board over another, is if they can shave that startup time down from 10secs-3mins, which is very likely it will imo, I think if it is possible for it to boot in 10s than it's possible for them to optimize it to do that everytime.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yeah like most likely before christmas this thing should be good to go.

Seth

MD Party Room
So this works with the new Slim 360s?

Spiros

Maiki
So this works with the new Slim 360s?

Yeah, it works with every motherboard except for XENON & Opus because they have the ANA chip, while this glitch only works on the HANA chip. Falcon motherboards (which is what I have) are being worked on right now, it just requires a different timing. But yeah, the hack works for the Slim.

[STRIKE]Anybody got a suggestion on USB NAND read/writer?[/STRIKE]

Actually I'll probably just go the DIY-LPT Printer cable route as its only about 40 mins to read a Falcon 16mb NAND.

Robby

Los Doyers!
And it's unpatchable too.

The price of JTAG consoles is going to drop as they won't be so rare anymore.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Robby - Can you link me to a guide to JTAG the old way for old JTAGable 360's. I want to bookmark it for future use.

Robby

Los Doyers!

Spiros

Maiki
GliGli has updated the Reset Glitch Hack to v1.1, which now supports Falcon motherboards. Which is amazing because that's what I have. I looked at all of the options as well and to order the official Digilent XC2C64A board would be between 40-50 dollars with the shipping, so I just ordered the HOAYU XC2C64A board from China (it was only $15 with shipping and uses the same chip), I'm 99.9% sure that it will function exactly as the Digilent board, only difference may be with the layout but only slightly.

I already soldered on the LPT connections to the motherboard and made the cable, I put a nice DB-9 port behind the HDD so it's always hidden and I don't have to open the box to flash the NAND everytime. Read the NAND several times and got identical dumps each time.

Anyway, when I receive the board from China, I'll let you guys know how it goes incase you're also looking for a cheap solution.