• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Xbox 360 Slim

B

Bizarre

Ok well I just picked up the new Xbox, and already noticed how much quieter it is compared to the original Xbox, it looks really nice and the touch sensitive works great. The new controller looks pretty cool as well. One thing I did notice was the huge fan it has on the side, hopefully that should take care of the red ring problems. Anyways point of the thread, if anyone if thinking about getting it, I say definatly get it, it is worth it.

Spiros

Maiki
I'm thinking of getting one just because it's supposed to be quieter(mine sounds like a vacuum cleaner) and the built in wifi is really nice.

My friends giving me an Original 360 with a broken disc drive, so I'm thinking about fixing it and flashing the disc drive and see what I can get for it to put toward getting the new 360.

Moose

Meta Moose
My brother mentioned getting one for his birthday. I really hope he does, I'd love to start using my Live account again. CoD isn't the same on the PC as it is on the 360.

B

Bizarre

Yea it is much quieter then the original and it doesn't get as hot as the old, something to do with the hardware they made something half the size as the original I'm not to sure what though haha.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Yea it is much quieter then the original and it doesn't get as hot as the old, something to do with the hardware they made something half the size as the original I'm not to sure what though haha.

They were able to shrink the processing size so that the innards need less power. Less electric = less heat. Also, they combined the CPU and GPU onto the one die so that there's only one big fan instead of two smaller ones. Hence less noise.

I'm tempted to pick one up but guess I'll see come September perhaps. Have other things in the meantime.

I'm going to wait and see any problems at all (or Bigger HDD)

My brothers regular xbox got back from repair. it sounds so quiet. I don't even notice its on.

Must be the same disc drive as the Slim models