• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Xbox Live November '10 Dashboard Update

Sinfulfate

Microsoft is doing another preview program for the fall update(ESPN, Zune Music, Netflix Search, dashboard improvements, but no Kinect stuff). You can sign up through the link on Major Nelson's blog in the link below. I signed up and they invited me in right after I signed up. Preview goes live sometime in the next few weeks and you wont be able to be in party chat with people who don't have the update.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/09/22/xbox-live-update-preview-program.aspx

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
no party chat with the people without the updates?, i think i'll pass on this preview then, i can wait

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I started to sign up this morning from work, but stopped because I didn't have my console's serial info. I'll do it tonight.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I signed up for this yesterday and instantly got accepted (so you don't have to wait to find out).

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I feel bad now for not posting about this sooner since I knew about it right away :/

Via MajorNelson: Update: We have as many people as we need right now, and registration is now closed. If we need any more, I’ll make a post.

ilyace

I held off from doing this cause of not being able to party-chat with people who don't have the update...that's pretty much all I do when I'm playing with friends.

Sinfulfate

The preview update came out yesterday and they pretty much made the dashboard "casual friendly" for all the families they hope to rope in with Kinect. On the plus side the interface improvements make dashboard navigation much faster than before. The new netflix interface is pretty cool and its awesome that I can search for movies and add them to my dvd queue from the xbox. I haven't try ESPN yet but its about time they added the Zune Music Marketplace to the 360. Now they just need to make it so it auto detects my Zune library from my PC so I can play music through there but as it stands now you need to have a zune pass to stream music from the zune marketplace. Also apparently the audio codec update gives voice chat skype like quality but I have yet to chat with someone else who has the update to test it myself.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Ah, i was just wondering when this would come out

Edit: just finished the update, i like the colors, but i think they took a step backwards with the interface

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm not liking it. I would much rather use the NXE dashboard.

But I do LOVE the ESPN addition, being such a huge sports fan that I am.

ilyace

I like the colors and the new additions (new netflix interface and ESPN), but I'm not liking the whole square-ish interface.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
All I want is a fast interface and this is almost there for me (still a bit sluggish with a few features but that's to be expected). Still missing the classic blade system though

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i do agree it's much faster, but as ilyace point's out, much too blocky/squarish, no rounded edges, no feeling of depth, idk how to explain it, i've really got mixed feelings on this update's new designs

ilyace

Just checked out ESPN on this, the interface is fucking sweet and all this stuff seems to be in 720P HD which is awesome. Really cool addition imo. I'm actually kind of amazed at how good this is.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
The new xbox guide, awesome.
New interface...it's alright.
Haven't tried out new party chat codec.
Not interested in sport at all and don't live in the US anyways.
Lot more responsive menu.

Although, the old blades system? Hated that. :\