• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi [Xbox, PSN, Steam] Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor - Going broken soon!

YouGotHitByGunner

Enforcer
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor is getting an unobtainable at the end of the year. (Dec. 31, 2020)

If you take a look on the game's store, you'll be welcomed with these new messages:
  • Note: certain features for the Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor videogame will no longer be available beginning Dec. 31, 2020.

Affected Features:
    • The Nemesis Forge feature will no longer be available. Therefore, players will no longer be able to transfer their in-game Nemeses from Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor to Middle-earth: Shadow of War.
    • Vendetta missions and Leaderboards will no longer be available.
    • WBPlay will no longer be available, but the epic runes "Orc Hunter" and "Gravewalker" will automatically be awarded to all players.

This affects the following achievement/trophy: Repaid in Blood - Complete a Vendetta Mission.
Unlock it before the deadline if you don't want to get locked out of the completion!

The Multiplayer components are getting removed on Xbox, PSN and Steam.

Last edited:

mcnichoj

The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions do not have this achievement/trophy.
Both the Xbox One and PS4 have two different lists for this game. One is the standard version pre-season pass DLC release and the other is for the Game of the Year Edition which includes all the season pass DLC. So if you have either platform you can go for this Repaid in Blood twice or if you own both platforms then you can go for it four times. The original version can still be bought on disc while the GotYE version can be bought on disc or digitally.
Steam has the achievement so if you have the game on there then I say go and get it done now but if you don't own the game I wouldn't worry and rush to buy it as someone will probably release a save file (as is the case with Mad Max) or maybe a mod patch that will allow you to unlock this.

Repaid in Blood isn't hard nor does it take long to get done. Randomly a vendetta mission will pop up, kill the group of enemies for that mission and you're finished. If you have trouble getting one to appear, add a friend to your friends list and have them die to wandering groups of enemies, a vendetta mission with their name should pop up eventually.

JFL_Leon

The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions do not have this achievement/trophy.
Both the Xbox One and PS4 have two different lists for this game. One is the standard version pre-season pass DLC release and the other is for the Game of the Year Edition which includes all the season pass DLC. So if you have either platform you can go for this Repaid in Blood twice or if you own both platforms then you can go for it four times. The original version can still be bought on disc while the GotYE version can be bought on disc or digitally.
Steam has the achievement so if you have the game on there then I say go and get it done now but if you don't own the game I wouldn't worry and rush to buy it as someone will probably release a save file (as is the case with Mad Max) or maybe a mod patch that will allow you to unlock this.

Repaid in Blood isn't hard nor does it take long to get done. Randomly a vendetta mission will pop up, kill the group of enemies for that mission and you're finished. If you have trouble getting one to appear, add a friend to your friends list and have them die to wandering groups of enemies, a vendetta mission with their name should pop up eventually.
I thought it was illegal to grab other peoples saves for a a acheivment.