• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

yoooooo jus registered

BLiTZ

hello everyone im new here and planning on installing 3.40 custom firmware,

** I hope it works** and does it matter what firmware running...

thanx in advance :smile:

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
hello everyone im new here and planning on installing 3.40 custom firmware,

** I hope it works** and does it matter what firmware running...

thanx in advance :smile:

Villcommen to das forums!

And what do you mean "does it matter what firmware running", do you mean which custom you choose to run, or which you're running now? Because you can only install a custom if your official firmware is 3.03 or lower, because you have to downgrade your official to 1.5 first. Look in the "PSP FAQs and Guides" to find all the info you'll need.:cool:

BLiTZ

shouldve specified

Villcommen to das forums!

And what do you mean "does it matter what firmware running", do you mean which custom you choose to run, or which you're running now? Because you can only install a custom if your official firmware is 3.03 or lower, because you have to downgrade your official to 1.5 first. Look in the "PSP FAQs and Guides" to find all the info you'll need.:cool:

Yes i was talking about the firmware that is currently running on the psp but you answered my question anyway thanks. I have a psp that is currently running 1.5 and was thinking
updating to the custom 3.03 firmware but im afraid of bricking my psp any suggestions

thanks in advance :biggrin:

Cheezeball99

Oh, don't worry about bricking at all, as long as you download the files to UG firmware from the dax's site or here, and follow the instructions, there should be no problems at all. I bought my PSP as a 1.5 about a month ago and upped it to 3.03OE-C as soon as I got it, no problems, but I would suggest something higher than 3.03 now, because although it has loads of plugins they sometimes cause problems with games. Right now I'm runnin 3.30OE-A and it's perfect, just better POPS compat, so yea, you're better off with something better than 3.03, there's no reason not to, IMO. Welcome to the PSP homebrew scene! (unless of course you were running it already, if that's so then, uh, Welcome to the DaX-brew scene! :laugh:) :thumbup1:

BLiTZ

Thanx for the suggestions i think i will try 3.30OE-A.

Also i am very new to psp homebrew if you could send me in the right direction
to help me put emus on my psp that would be greatly appreciated.

thanx for the help and the big welcome to the homebrew scene.

Cheezeball99

Uh, yea, no prob, man. Hey, one thing, though, stop resurrecting dead threads, dude. If it's been like 2 months since someone's posted then, well, it's best just left alone. Sorry for the late reply, btw, went on a trip with a friend and ended up stranded, bad stuff, but anyway...

After you install whatever firmware you plan to then I suggest directly afterwards formatting your mem stick with your PSP, it will create all the necessary folders and stuff, it's just alot easier than making everything yourself. I can't tell where you to get roms, but if you're having problems I can send you a PM with the details, although I assume you can get them since you know what they are and want them running on your PSP in the first place.

Anyway, onto the emu list-

NES- NesterJ v1.20a

SNES- SNES9xTYL v0.4.2

Genesis- DGEN v1.7

GBA- gpSP v0.9

GB/C- Homer's RIN v3.2

Arcade:
CPS1- CPS1PSP 2.0.6, CPS1PSP 2.0.6 ad-hoc
CPS2- CPS2PSP 2.0.6, CPS2PSP 2.0.6 ad-hoc
Neo-Geo- MVSPSP 2.0.6, MVSPSP 2.0.6 ad-hoc

Just put the 1 or 2 (2 if there is one with the same name with a % in it) folders in the PSP/GAME150 directory of your memstick, BAM, ROM TIME! Any more questions just ask.

Cheezeball99

No prob, man, anytime.:thumbup1:

J

Junit

dont worry about bricking once you have custom firmware you can just use recovery mode to unbrick , I've bricked my psp multiple times