• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSV Yoshida: Vita Can Remap Controls for PSP Classics

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ng.jpg

Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida*has revealed that the Vita will include a control remapping feature, giving users the option to use the right analog stick with emulated PSP titles.

"We will provide options to remap the control from either face buttons or the action buttons to right analog stick," Yoshida told GameInformer.

Nifty. There’s more than a few PSP titles that suffered from awkward controls due to the lack of a second stick, so this is a welcome addition.[...]

Continue reading: Yoshida: Vita Can Remap Controls for PSP Classics...

eldiablov

Contributor
Yep this is good news for anyone that wants to play those 'classic' PSP titles. There's not many to choose from though in my opinion.

hush404

Everyone has their opinion eldiablov, I on the other hand had a large stack of PSP titles that would benefit from this sort of feature.

El Diablo

Are any of them really considered "classics" I mean lets be honest. I have some nice psp games....too bad they are umds and worthless now even if I buy a vita.

Tavares

Well, it is another good incentive to buy the PSVita. I mean, there aren't many PSP "classics" that actually need a better control method, but it would be cool to replay Resistance: Retribution, Obscure The Aftermath, Call Of Duty : Roads to Victory, Medal Of Honor Heroes and Monster Hunter with a better control scheme.

eldiablov

Contributor
Well, it is another good incentive to buy the PSVita. I mean, there aren't many PSP "classics" that actually need a better control method, but it would be cool to replay Resistance: Retribution, Obscure The Aftermath, Call Of Duty : Roads to Victory, Medal Of Honor Heroes and Monster Hunter with a better control scheme.

The thing is, you can almost guarantee that the majority of the games you just mentioned will have games for the vita. Rendering the older 'classics' shitty looking and useless.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
pretty much the only games that truly need this is any game that tried to use the d-pad/main buttons for both camera and movement.