• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

You asked for it, now you've got it...

EvilSeph

Administrator
It's definitely been a while since I've posted one of my "famous" EvilSeph announcements regarding what cool and interesting things we've been busy working on for you guys, our great community but I can explain ;). After we literally blasted you with update after update, we decided we should slow things down a bit…give you guys more time to interact with each other than have to deal with any bugs that I end up creating.

I'm really happy to say, the wait is now over. As is the norm around here, you guys asked for it and now you get it. Now just exactly what is it? Well, I'll get to that soon enough. First I'd like to take care of the more important things: thank you!

Thank you for your undying loyalty to our site and our community. Thank you for all the contributions you've made to get us to where we are today. Thank you for standing up for us when the "big guys" tried to belittle our attempts at a genuine push to make a vision come true - mine, anyway. I've always wanted to be able to provide people with a site that focuses on one thing and one thing alone: quality. And it is thanks to all of you that I can realise this dream.

I apologise for the delay in getting this update out, but I truly believe every little delay we met was well worth it. Well, enough is enough, let's see if you agree with me.

The first feature in this update that I'm extremely proud and happy to announce is that our site and our forums are even more connected than ever before. When we initially started up this site, one of the things we wanted to avoid was lack of communication and connection with the frontpage. Unfortunately, our previous setup provided us with some annoying walls to knock down (like your having to have a separate account on the forums and another on the site to post comments). Well, no more!

It is my absolute pleasure to be announcing that, finally, our frontpage article's comments are now linked to our forums. That's right, you can now post a comment to either the frontpage or the forum thread and it will show up on both. What's even better is that you no longer need to have another account on the frontpage - you just login with your forum username and password and away you go posting comments.

Secondly, we've heard a few of you guys asking for this and now you have it: MfM Mobile is officially live. For those of you on mobile devices with low bandwidth or on slow connections in general, MfM Mobile will be a welcomed addition as it provides a bare-bones version of both of forums and our site, using as little bandwidth as possible.

To access the MfM Forums Mobile, you go to:
[noparse]http://m.mformature.net[/noparse]

And to access MfM Mobile (the frontpage), you go to:
[noparse]http://mobile.mformature.net[/noparse]

Furthermore, we really think MfM Chat is cool, but unfortunately our chat client on these forums is not…so we've decided to give our MfM Chat a much needed update. If you haven't checked out the MfM Chat, now's the time to do so. There is really no other way to build a closer connection than you can on there. If that doesn't convince you to come join us, you can chat to myself and many of the other staff in real time and get to know us better :)

Lastly, we've replaced our Recent Posts block with a more informative, professional-looking one that we hope you like :). To see it in action, just take a look at our frontpage and look to the right, I mean, you visit it every day anyway, right? ;)

As always, we highly value any feedback anyone has about our updates, our site, our community or anything you feel is important for us to know - so please, do not hesitate to post your thoughts and your criticisms in our Feedback forum where we'll be right on top of it the second we see it.

Unlike other sites, we don't mind it when you don't like something - in fact, we encourage people to not like something we do because it pushes us that much harder to give you guys the best. And that is one of our highest priorities. So please, use me as a punching bag if there is anything that we've done to deserve it and we'll get right onto making changes that you guys approve of.

Joey

Two things... One, the "Mfm Chat" link doesn't link to the new chat page. And two, there should be a mobile version of the forums.

*Kisses*

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM EST ----------

Ok, never mind, the link totally does work...Naturally, it didn't work the 3 times I clicked it before I posted >_>

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM EST ----------

FFS, m.mformature.net is the forums... Ok, nevermind, I'm just a fooking moron.

EvilSeph

Administrator
I've read your edit...but I'm not entirely sure if you see it yet:
MfM Forums Mobile is the mobile version of the forums and the MfM Chat link is right :p

twelve

I'm not dead
Yeah I'm getting a 404 error as well.

Love the new mobile version. Still works great on Windows Mobile 5, never realised that it had moderation tools before though.

Great work EvilSeph.

eldiablov

Contributor
Epic work EvilSeph. I especially loved the punchbag comment :p

I can't imagine what kind of work went into this update but i'm pleased you did it :)

My only issue is that im getting an Erroneous nickname error.

Seth

MD Party Room
I was wondering the current mobile site is nice,but since so many of us have Iphone and Ipod Touch that you can build or optimized it or something for us as well? It the Mobile page looks kinda wired on my Ipod Touch.

But I love the blog posting linking you did!

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
I LOVE that u connected the front page w/ the forums like that. I've always wanted that on many forums.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Now I can view on my iPod touch without zooming in and out. :D

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
The mobile versions of the site look really good and I'm sure will help all of these mobile device grubbing kids when they want to see the site.

I know for a fact that you have spent many weeks trying to find the best solution concerning the link between the blog and forums. Congratulations on finally procuring the right one needed for the job.

Awesome job, EvilSeph. Thank you for making sure that these forums never go to waste. I know you spend a lot of time working to ensure that these meet a very high standard, and for which I, and surely others, are grateful.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I am really digging the article-forum connectivity.
Nice job as always.

futuregator15

Lovin OS X
Very nice update indeed. I do have to say though, the mobile version of the site looks a little funny on my iphone. It loads fast and all, but could you kinda make it a little more optimized for the iphone/ipod touch? Thanks

Here's what im talking about:
IMG_0002-2.png

Cryox

Bro.
the mobile version will come in handy for me sometimes, thanks for the updates :D