• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Your Favorite Books

madsoul

madsoul got two of mine, Hitchhiker's Guide and the Discworld series. I presume you've played Discworld Noir madsoul? I know you like P&C games so it's a safe bet you've played it too, what a game.

havent played Noir yet but my brother did when it was new. But i have played the older Discworld games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discworld_(video_game)

the first one is epic. love it.

Also, have you tried Starship Titanic? Starship Titanic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

a game by Douglas Adams. I liked it alot when i played it back in the days.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
I'd have to say the hitchhiker ones are my fave of the ones I listed. only time I ever fell out of a chair laughing reading a book.

yet i just couldn't get into dirk. any suggestions on other books that have similarly comedic style to HHGttG?

explosions

Eragon Trilogy - Christopher Paolini
This is about a boy who finds a dragon egg in his woods while he is hunting. The egg hatches and then you can predict the rest. I haven't read the third book (Brisingr) yet and I don't know when I will either. It's been ages since I've read the other two and I don't remember the story well enough to read the third.

yes. But it's no longer a trilogy. There's a 4th book in the works.

eldiablov

Contributor
Ive read a fair few books. The series of unfortunate events was interesting when I was younger. Almost finished it :(. I read the Harry Potter series and really enjoyed it. I read Animal Farm by George Orwell and found that interesting. There was also a book about dragons I read that I found interesting but never finished. I'll try and remember the name :p

Colm

I've read Digital Fortress and didn't really like it, so I haven't bothered with other Dan Brown.
I stand by Orwell's Nineteen-Eighty Four as being brilliant, but J.D Sallinger's Catcher in the Rye is just the best book ever. I plan to actually read the books cited by the main character some time in the future :D

Other reccomended reading: Lord of the Flies, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (only read the first four though), The Hobbit (I preferred it to the other LoTR books)

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
ive never been one for reading books. Id normally read half and then not read it any more :( the only book(s) i have read are harry potter :)

Slasher

Suck It
Now that I think about it, I just really don't have time for books. I'm surprised so many people here read so often

eldiablov

Contributor
I got so bored on holiday that I read the whole Dan Brown series in five days. Needless to say it was like reading one book four times with the scenery and characters names changed.

James.

User Not Found
... the Twilight series (I don't really like the writing style, but the general story I can relate to) ...

Finally, someone else who like those :)

I've been reading the Twilight series, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Lord of the Flies, and others but it's been so long since I've read a book other than the Twilight ones o_O