• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Retro Your first gaming experience

Riorio99

Atari 2600 (or something similar, I was about 1/1.5 at the time) was the first console I ever played, before my uncle gave me his Mega Drive. I played Worms and Lotus GP(?) so much it was unreal. Then cam the Gameboy Pocket, and Pokemon Red, thats when the gaming bug really hit me.

imported_darkstone

King of Jaffa Cakes
Sonic the hedgehog for my Megadrive/Genesis

I was born just before the 90's so I basically grew up with sonic throughout my childhood.
Too bad sonic kinda sucks now :(

Triklops

Awesome topic..:D

My first console/love was a Sega Genesis and Sonic..still love Sonic :love::p

The first PC gaming experience for me was @ around 5 at my cousins cuz I didn't own one then..my favs were Loom, Secret of Monkey Islands, Sam & Max, Prince of Persia, Biomenace, Commander Keen, Doom..boy I miss those day..:blush:

LocutusEstBorg

I cant remember buying it but it was definitely when I got this atari 2600 rip off known as the TV boy. It was just an epic thing to play.

I had a TV Boy too!! The oval thing with the built in controller! And it had ports to attach external controllers.

I also had a real Atari 2600 before that which disappeared, but I never had any cartridges. I only had the built in games. I remember you had to turn on the reset switch and it would cycle through the games LOL and I'd keep missing the game I wanted and had to loop through everything again.

Fives

mario on nes when i was real little ;D

started when I was 3 and my first console was Atari 2600 and the game was Qbert and a old RCA TV. When I was 4 I was introduce with Nintendo and my frist game was super mario and duck hunt. I couldn't get engouh of it and had over 165 games that would stack clear to the clearing. Then Sega came along when I was 5-6 and had Sonic 2 bundle. I play sega and Nintendo on and off until Play Station came when I was 8. Mom and Dad split and she brought me N64 (Goldeneye) for the weekends because dad didn't want my play station brand new over there. 2003 got me ps2 for good grades and birthday. First game was Red Faction.

2005 I got my first gaming computer and brought Halo PC with usb xbox 360 controller out of a pawn shop. So i play it and I was like who wanna pawn shop this awesome game? So I couldn't stop thinking about Halo and brought Halo 2 PC and risk formating my computer to windows vista. Now halo 3 came out...Recently (almost year now) brought xbox half with 2 games...Gears of War and Halo 3. I was also a beta tester for the NXE. xbox is the best experience I ever have and hopefully my internet connection will be ready for dsl so I can play xbox live for the first time! HELL YEAH!!

My next console....ps3?

El Diablo

I think my first real "gaming experience" was either "Team Apache" or "Star Wars: Dark Forces" for the PC...those are the first 2 gaming experiences I really remember, and other various games around that time but those were the first 2 I really remember and loved.

Whisper

Logic :(
I used to sleep over my cousin's house as a young kid. They had a snes with Super Mario Kart, Contra 3, Super Mario World, and Joe and Mac. This is where my interest in gaming began. From there they got an N64 with Goldeneye. My mind was blown away. That next Christmas I finally got my own N64 along with Mario Kart 64.

Needless to say I now avoid Nintendo products.

_Seven

My first time was Super Mario World at my cousin's house. He got my parents to buy me a SNES, which I still have to this day.
Ah, youth.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Hmmm.... I think it may have been Super Mario Kart on the SNES, but it may also have been something on the original gameboy... I really can't remember....

Or maybe it was Civilization 2...