• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Your most anticipated movie(s) of 2011

Andy

Champion of the Sun
I decided to create a new thread for this, the other one was for 2009 which I thought was a bit outdated. If a staff member wants to merge this then go ahead.

I've got my eye on a few films for next year;

127 Hours - Directed by Danny Boyle and starring James Franco, pretty sure this is going to be amazing.

The Wolverine - Yeah I know, Wolverine was shite, but I just found out that Darren Aronofsky will be directing this and that man knows how to make a film. Plus the same writer from The Usual Suspects is adapting the script for this so this film could actually turn out to be great.

Cowboys & Aliens - Mostly for the wtf factor, plus Daniel Craig. I suggest you watch the trailer.

Source Code - Duncan Jones is directing this, same guy who did Moon so I have high hopes.

The Hangover Part II - Fuck yeah.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i went and saw tron yesterday, that Cowboys & Aliens trailer was kindof like...wtf?, i mean really, what the hell can cowboy's do with pistols against fucking spacecraft?!

also, the upcoming transformers movie has to go on the list of movies i want to see, other than that, i haven't seen many 2011 movie trailers yet

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
TRANSFORMERS! :D

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Because it looks like it might actually be good :)

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i have to disagree andy, i quite enjoyed transformers 2 myself, which would be why i can't wait to see the next one=-)

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
It really isn't. Plus it had the god awful Megan Fox, that woman can't act at all.

that link isn't really valid imo, were talking about movie's with robot's, of course their's going to be plot holes, you kindof gatta put that aside and just enjoy the damn movie, as for megan fox not acting, i really didn't notice her acting being any worse than any other movie with an female as one of the leads, at the same time, you guys shouldn't really take anything i say about movies to heart, i find most movies to be enjoyable, a movie has to do alot for me to not like it, or be based on something i'm pretty interested into, then it's held to a higher standard

Riorio99

Green Hornet
Paul
Sucker Punch
Thor
Hangover 2
X-Men: First Class
Green Lantern
Super 8
Cars 2
Captain America
Conan The Barbarian
The Muppets
Sherlock Holmes 2
Tintin

Dan

Contributor
The Hangover 2, that is all.

Oh, and Harry Potter I guess. The recent one actually kept close to the story in relation to the book.

NeilR

eXo Admin
Enforcer Team
Conan The Barbarian

The original has by far my most favorite and memorable score of any movie; it'll be hard to beat in my nostalgic view.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Here are a few that haven't been listed yet that may be decent:

Hall Pass - New Farrely Brothers comedy. They're due for another winner.

Battle Los Angeles
- The sci-fi nerd in me is interested.

Your Highness - Danny McBride, that is all. Also, Natalie Portman in a thong.

The Lincoln Lawyer - The industry could use a decent thriller.

Green Lantern - Superhero movie not tied into the filler ones being pumped out for The Avengers. May be watchable, but probably not.

Super 8 - JJ Abrams and Spielberg, should at least hold my interest for 90 minutes.

Contagion - Who doesn't enjoy a good virus outbreak film?

angelsniper45

Transformers 2 was awful, any reason you guys are so excited for the next one?

Agreed. Megan fox is overrated.

And im looking forward to the Harry potter movie so all hype will be over.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Well deserving, went to the midnight release with some friends. About halfway through, I just wanted it to end already so I can go home. It was just so boring for being an action/sci-fi film and kinda cliche.

I was expecting a decent movie atleast, but was I disappointed.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Unknown was an awesome movie, I really enjoyed it