• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Your predictions for the third generation iPod Touch

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I'm thinking that the third generation iTouch will take the 2nd generation and improve battery life and speed, as well as add a mic for voice memos. I doubt it will have a camera but if it does, I'm lining up at Futureshop at launch.

We'll find out in September. :D

eldiablov

Contributor
I don't think they'd add a camera. I think you've hit the nail on the head with a mic, speedier CPU and higher RAM.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
I doubt it will have a camera, but it might. Seems to me like Apple like adding in useless shit. [BLACKOUT]*Cough* iTouch Bluetooth? *cough*[/BLACKOUT]

Urameshi

Who Higher Than Me?
I doubt its gonna have a camera in it, because apple is probably going to try to keep the "as slim as possible" look and if they added a camera, nobody would get an iPhone unless they were already on at&t because i mean sheesh, there are already apps that let you text and with the 2g you can use a mic....They might just update the processor and ram and make the ipod touch in different colors.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I doubt its gonna have a camera in it, because apple is probably going to try to keep the "as slim as possible" look and if they added a camera, nobody would get an iPhone unless they were already on at&t because i mean sheesh, there are already apps that let you text and with the 2g you can use a mic....They might just update the processor and ram and make the ipod touch in different colors.
You could be right. Normally I would have said "who would buy something with only minimal upgrades" but they have done it before.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I'm still hoping for a camera. Then I wouldn't have to carry around that big sony handycam everywhere.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I've been asking myself this for a long time and I have come up with nothing. The change from 1st to 2nd gen of the iTouch wasn't that big and I don't see anything else they can do to it to maintain the same style of device. The new generation of iPods just changed the hardware components and not much of the functionality of the device itself. With the 3rd gen ipod touch I don't forsee any new major features coming if Apple wants to maintain it's history.

I would like to see GPS in it but that just doesn't go with the way Apple updates its products

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
You may be right.

If apple their product with what's asked the most from consumers (that still keeps in the style of the device).

Since camera is out of the question for this patern, probably a mic for MMS, possibly an AM/FM radio reciever. However, batery and RAM updates should be a given.

Cryox

Bro.
You may be right.

If apple their product with what's asked the most from consumers (that still keeps in the style of the device).

Since camera is out of the question for this patern, probably a mic for MMS, possibly an AM/FM radio reciever. However, batery and RAM updates should be a given.
HD radio would be a nice addition, kinda like what the Zune HD (or was it Zune X?) is supposed to have.

Riorio99

They'll just take the phone and camera out of the iPhone. That's all an iPod Touch is anyway.

BlackSheep

~More battery life
~Bigger ram
~Better Glock speed
~A mic
~Better Speakers
~Slimer
~Camera/video
~Better res/more colors touch screen
~Bigger and briter touch screen
~Better motion senseing device
~Flash Enabled
~faster cpu
~Skype
~Diff colors not only black
~Better graffics like in games
~More and better pre installed apps
~Improved web browser
~Am/fm radio
~Water,heat,freeze,throw resistant
~Advance multi tasking like ir shell
~Better wifi signal and better ir control
__________________________________________________________________________________

I wish these where all true but im wishing.