• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Your predictions for the third generation iPod Touch

WillyVWade

They'd never add a mic to it, Mic + iTouch + VOIP = ModiPhone.

Also, GPS would be useless on the iPod touch. You'd need a network connection to do anything useful with it, so you'd either have to be in a WIFI area or put egde/3G on it...

I could see them merging the iTouch and iPhone to the iPhone Nano with EDGE or 3G and the iPhone 3GS becoming the standard iPhone with 3.5G(HDSPA) and the added RAM/CPU.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I always thought that they were the dev team. Either way, they're not making money because quickpwn and pwnage tool are free downloads.

Back on topic, they're still a credible source.

All I see is for the iPod Touch is the same history for all other iPods, new colours, new shapes, bigger storage and a couple of 'new features' (most likely from the iPhone). Apple focuses much more on the iPhone regardless, so expect to see some trickle-down in features. I'm pretty sure Jobs reffered to the iPod Touch as 'training wheels' for the iPhone, so they'll always make the iPhone more desirable.

Vee

I'd love it if they put in 3G functionality in the iTouch. One thing that made me get an iPhone instead, was the ability to use Safari anywhere.

eighty4

I always thought that they were the dev team. Either way, they're not making money because quickpwn and pwnage tool are free downloads.

Back on topic, they're still a credible source.
You didn't read what I said. I said they make money off ads for there site which is built off leeching from the dev team.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
oh well, what's going on there is essentially life in a nutshell. People taking credit for other's work.

B

Bizarre

I also read there is supposed to be at camera etc. Say there is, what do you think the price range would be? (US$)

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
Wouldn't you need to be connected to a 3G network for the web browsing?

Besides, if apple did make an iPhone minus the phone for the new iTouch, it wouldn't be too hard to bring out software for phone functionality. It would be a disaster for apple.

I still hope apple makes that mistake XD

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I know what the iPod touch could use! A Commodore 64 Emulator! I wanna play BMX Ninja! lol

PS. I know a C64 Emulator was denied for the app store :p

Vee

Wouldn't you need to be connected to a 3G network for the web browsing?

Besides, if apple did make an iPhone minus the phone for the new iTouch, it wouldn't be too hard to bring out software for phone functionality. It would be a disaster for apple.

I still hope apple makes that mistake XD

Nope. If they just didn't put a Phone application and had enough security to prevent jailbreaks and stopped any App Store devs from making a Phone application, they'd be fine.

You lot misunderstood me, i didnt mean it gets connected to a cellular 3G network. I meant a special network that only allows web browsing and doesn't allow phone calls or SMS. Not sure if thats possible, but eh.

B

Bizarre

Nope. If they just didn't put a Phone application and had enough security to prevent jailbreaks and stopped any App Store devs from making a Phone application, they'd be fine.

You lot misunderstood me, i didnt mean it gets connected to a cellular 3G network. I meant a special network that only allows web browsing and doesn't allow phone calls or SMS. Not sure if thats possible, but eh.

It is possible but why would apple do it? It's a waste of money for apple unless we pay for it everytime we use it.

eighty4

That wouldn't be 3G. lul. Also, the only way is BY 3G.

Vee

It is possible but why would apple do it? It's a waste of money for apple unless we pay for it everytime we use it.
If it was subscription based, it would mean Apple would continuously get money from us.
That wouldn't be 3G. lul. Also, the only way is BY 3G.

I didn't say it would be 3G, i said it would use the 3G network to power the web browser.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
ok, now i get it, but i'm sure someone will find a way to jailbreak the ipod no matter what apple throws (look at sony and the TA-088V3).

It's hopeful thinking