• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Your predictions for the third generation iPod Touch

eighty4

If it was subscription based, it would mean Apple would continuously get money from us.

I didn't say it would be 3G, i said it would use the 3G network to power the web browser.

Well to use a 3G network, it has to be signed with a carrier - iPhone.

seanix

The most wonderful thing that could happen on the NEXT IPOD TOUCH...ERRR..

I wish it could be free of charge......

Cryox

Bro.
hopefully the rumour will become truth.
At the rate apple's expanding, who knows what the next generations ipods will bring. Perhaps one that will eventually take over the world for you XD
I plan to buy this near release date. Hopefully it will have some nice features like that camera and microphone. My old 2GB 1st gen nano is getting old and the battery sucks now.
*and quickly become jailbroken*

_Syn

YES! As long as this comes out during my two-year performance service plan with Best Buy, I can tell them my iPod's defective and give me a 3rd Gen iPod Touch!

*settles down*

wooooooo!

Sliderkk

Apple filed to the FCC specs for a iPod that will have a camera a month ago so if the 3rd gen doesn't have a camera then then the 4G will.

_Syn

Apple filed to the FCC specs for a iPod that will have a camera a month ago so if the 3rd gen doesn't have a camera then then the 4G will.

4G lawl. That makes it sound like it's so far from now. But we never know. 3G could be out in September, then the 4G in March 2010

Sliderkk

4G lawl. That makes it sound like it's so far from now. But we never know. 3G could be out in September, then the 4G in March 2010

so far its been every mid september

Robby

Los Doyers!
I will buy a 3G iPod Touch if it has better battery life, microphone, more RAM, and is jailbreakable.

Vee

How can you guarantee it, if you don't work for Apple or have any knowledge of what goes on at Apple?

Honestly, what are the chances that Apple will let the device be hackable?

In some way or another, it'll bite them in the ass. Probably through apps like Installous.

eldiablov

Contributor
Honestly, what are the chances that Apple will let the device be hackable?

In some way or another, it'll bite them in the ass. Probably through apps like Installous.

No company "lets" a device be hackable, don't be so naive.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
That's why I excluded that one when saying that i guarenteed the improved ram and battery. the only reason why I'm so certain it will happen is because they did it when upgrading every other iphone and ipod touch model so far.

eighty4

Thats exactly what i'm saying. I was replying to eighty4, who thought there isnt a 100% certainty that the next iPod will not come boxed as jailbroken.

That's not what I was saying. I was saying how can he guarantee three things etc etc.

Vee

That's why I excluded that one when saying that i guarenteed the improved ram and battery. the only reason why I'm so certain it will happen is because they did it when upgrading every other iphone and ipod touch model so far.

I dont think they really "did jailbreaking" in every firmware so far. In loads of updates, they didn't improve security, thats right. But they did take make some big attempts at stopping hackers.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
If they change the firmware, jailbreaking is always possible possible. However, if they change the hardware itself, then it may be a problem to jailbreak.