• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Zune HD

Seth

MD Party Room
Uh. Looks like something is happening -- big time -- in Zune land. We present what might possibly be your first look at, yes... the Zune HD. In the gallery below, you can see images from what appears to be a forthcoming marketing campaign for Microsoft's new PMP. We don't have any word on specs right now, though we've got a sneaking suspicion this will have an HD display.

Update: Based on discussions with sources, it's looking very likely that the device in these images is -- in fact -- a new Zune on its way to market.

5wz4gn.jpg

Is this the Zune HD?

I know I be upgrading..Always wanted a bigger screen on my zune...I wonder if will have 250 gb HDD..

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Haven't had a chance to look at the article but based on the images alone it looks like the real deal. It makes sense, looks good and is professionally done (would be one hell of a concept image...which is highly possible seeing how an anonymous tipster sent this in)

EDIT: Did some looking into it, seems Engadget is the source (damn tipsters and their favoritism). Also this makes me really angry (see the end note: Luv The Zune MP3 Player )

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
So what is this, just Microsoft's version of the iTouch? Pass.

well, if it is anything like the zune 'microsofts version of the ipod' it will have more features built in, a larger screen, and a better ui.

Cryox

Bro.
i might consider buying that if its UI is better than the iPods, because right now, i don't really like the zune's ui.

Actually looks good.... Hopefully it's not unbelievely fat.

This thread is a flamewar waiting to happen.

Vee

well, if it is anything like the zune 'microsofts version of the ipod' it will have more features built in, a larger screen, and a better ui.

I dont mean to distract this thread, but are you insane? Apple have always beaten Windows when it comes to UI. There is no way in hell that this Zune HD will have a more intutive/better looking interface then the iPhone.

Seth

MD Party Room
I dont mean to distract this thread, but are you insane? Apple have always beaten Windows when it comes to UI. There is no way in hell that this Zune HD will have a more intutive/better looking interface then the iPhone.

Are you insane? The Zune always has have the better U.I than Ipods. Big bold letters menus, Album art that shows a majority of the screen, having your own wallpaper ext.... Now OSX and Windows are a different topic. If there one thing people loved about the zunes,was the U.I.

This coming from a guy who owns 4 mp3 players, and have owned the 2g nano,Ipod classics(30,80) and a ipod touch.

Vee

Are you insane? The Zune always has have the better U.I than Ipods. Big bold letters menus, Album art that shows a majority of the screen, having your own wallpaper ext.... Now OSX and Windows are a different topic. If there one thing people loved about the zunes,was the U.I.

This coming from a guy who owns 4 mp3 players, and have owned the 2g nano,Ipod classics(30,80) and a ipod touch.

How is bold lettering a nice thing on a UI? The iPhone UI has big album cover and can apply its own wallpaper.

Seth

MD Party Room
Zune came before Ipod Touch/Iphone. Ipod Touch does have the nicer U.I tho,well once you theme it.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The Zune UI was very nice, I preferred using my Zune over my iPod Video back in the day. iPods are easily overrated and not many other MP3 players get the attention that they deserve because of that.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
The new UI looks amazing. It's sort of like the combination of the Zune software interface mixed in with the old Zune player interface.

GH36S.png

I probably won't be getting this and it might not reach iPod touch level popularity unless the homebrew scene on it booms and Microsoft makes an app store. But, this has potential to finally be that "iPod killer".

It's confirmed to be over 30 GB (so that's good at least) and it has wireless video downloads (meh, ok?).

Pspunk

Star power and butt plugs
It looks cool, I used to have the 80gb fat zune, and I liked its UI and functionality now I have an ipod video 80gb because my zune broke. Eh, why should I waste my money on something thats essentially the same thing but repackaged with new features. Its not that important to me, I just want to watch my videos and listen to my music. :) If my iPod video gives out I'd probably buy this though.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM EST ----------

Your right, thats what I thought too, looks exactly like xbox 360 UI

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo

well, when comparing the current zune 30/80/120 ui to the ipod(any of them, except the touch) the zune is 1000000x better imo. in fact, the ipod ui got WORSE this last gen. cutting the main screen in half for stupid random pix?! lame. I also like that up = up, and not 'spin in a circle counter clockwise' = up.

and Vee, saying the itouch has a better ui then the zune isn't a fair comparison, as it isn't touch. compare the zune to the non touch ipods.