• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Zune HD

Moose

Meta Moose
That button is quite large, it could be two buttons that are merged into one (like a button to the left and right).

EDIT: Actually, I'm probably wrong. The button isn't as big as I remember it being. :p

Cryox

Bro.
i think there is only one button, like Back or w/e it is on the itouch/iphone. and the rest is a touch screen.

Hardrive

Contributor
I hope its NOT a touchscreen. I like my first gen Zune because I can navigate it easily while I'm driving.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
I hope its NOT a touchscreen. I like my first gen Zune because I can navigate it easily while I'm driving.

yeah. im not a huge touch fan. I'd prefer something similar to the zune 80/120(best pmp on the market imo)

Seth

MD Party Room

I sure there keep the zune classic,but now we have a new line of zunes as well.

eighty4

Maybe I'm shitting my imagination, but I think the silver in the middle is the new "main" button and the two brushed metal sides are the other buttons. Unless it does some massive slide up into a phone type Transformer shit, then I think I'm right.

Maybe I'm shitting my imagination, but I think the silver in the middle is the new "main" button and the two brushed metal sides are the other buttons. Unless it does some massive slide up into a phone type Transformer shit, then I think I'm right.

That made me lol....

Here's the truth.

You hit the silver button and the brush silver piece flips down, kind of like an old cell phone, reveling like 15 buttons that you have to navigate through, not easily might I add, just to change the song.

Riorio99

Its about time the Zune landed in Europe. All my buddies are iPod freaks, and while the iTouch is a good machine in terms of apps, the actual music quality is poor.
God damn it, I want a Zune. And a HD one will just push it one past the iPod.

eighty4

That made me lol....

Here's the truth.

You hit the silver button and the brush silver piece flips down, kind of like an old cell phone, reveling like 15 buttons that you have to navigate through, not easily might I add, just to change the song.

Where's your proof?

Seth

MD Party Room
It was sarcasm.

Also I'm a bit disappointed that the Zune HD might just turn out to have the same features that the previous zunes have had but just has touch navigation :/

What did you want them to add? Apps,Web they another mp3 player? For be I be happy with better battery life and more space and screen size.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
What did you want them to add? Apps,Web they another mp3 player? For be I be happy with better battery life and more space and screen size.

To compete with the iPod and Sony's new MP3 player they would need to add more or improve on the existing features. With touch screens some nice apps would be nice - such as a notepad, calculator, etc. The essentials. It needs something to separate it from the iPod and other competitors (the original Zune had a bigger screen, fm radio and a good interface that stood it apart).

Seth

MD Party Room
Sonys don't have any Touch screen mp3players. All they have is in basic a nano type mp3 player with A2DP that cost 3x as much as a zune and nano. I wish the zune had A2DP. I buy it in a heart beat.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM EST ----------

Some more ZuneHD information has trickled into our inbox, and while we do not, in general, cover PMP’s, Zune seems inextricably linked with the future of Windows Mobile, so its probably a valid topic of conversation here.

From our limited information, it seems the ZuneHD will feature a lot of what Windows Mobile owners have long been waiting for.

The ZuneHD will have a capacitive, multi-touch OLED screen with a 16:9 aspect ratio and TV out, from what looks to be a HDMI port on the side. The radio will now be HD and the device will support HD media playback, which will be available from the updated Zune Marketplace.

The ZuneHD will also support 3D Xbox games, but it is unclear what form this will take.

The device will come in 16 and 32 GB versions, and will support wireless sync. It will also finally come with a browser that supports multi-touch.

The device is set to launch in Fall, around September, and will also finally be available outside US, in Canada, UK and France, and possibly other European countries.

It remains likely this device will serve as a showcase for Windows Mobile 7 when it is released, and Microsoft is expected to spend a considerable amount marketing the device and service.

Edit: Something more for our readers to chew on. While we do not have confirmation of this, many bloggers are claiming the device will be nVidia Tegra powered.

New ZuneHD pictures, details

Adiuvo

If all of that's true I'll definitely be buying one. Having a few Xbox games on hand (like Psychonauts) will be great.

Seth

MD Party Room
I dont ever think HD and 16gb will ever work.But hey I hope they just slap a HDD and call it a true HD pmp... O dear god Psychonauts would be hard to play without analog stick.