• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Zune HD

Adiuvo

Since it's multitouch, they could some analog mimic thing. I don't really see it that hard to pull of, honestly.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Sony does have a touch player..it's the Sony OLED MP3 Walkman (forgot the name of it though). It's been pretty hush-hush about it, Cnet just recently had their hands on with it

Seth

MD Party Room
Sony does have a touch player..it's the Sony OLED MP3 Walkman (forgot the name of it though). It's been pretty hush-hush about it, Cnet just recently had their hands on with it

I take it your talking about the NW-A910, I dont consider a 2.4 inch touch screen, well a real touch screen, it way to small. Add on top the fact that it over priced... But I do like the mobile digital TV and nice packed in headphones.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I take it your talking about the NW-A910, I dont consider a 2.4 inch touch screen, well a real touch screen, it way to small. Add on top the fact that it over priced... But I do like the mobile digital TV and nice packed in headphones.

Nope... Sony OLED Walkman Competes Against iPod Touch

Model Number: NWZ-X1060

Check out CNET for a video of it in action (they don't show too much though). I love having the the playback controls on the outside of the player, they really did a good job in designing it IMO

EDIT: Sony NWZ-X1060 (32GB) Video Review - Music & Play - CNET Asia TV

Wtf they're putting an hdmi port on the side.

Through proportions and the picture that would make the Zune HD pretty big.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Just read the rumor that many are saying this is Tegra-powered, if that it is true I might just have found a reason to secure a summer job rather than taking the summer off :eek:

Seth

MD Party Room
Its gonnnaa be priccyyyy :p

It be suicide to price it more than a Ipod touch.No matter how much it does more than the ipod. Just look at the ps3 if you dont believe me lol.

Seth

MD Party Room
More news..

Built to challenge iPod Touch & iPhone

As we recently told you, Microsoft appears to be getting ready to drop what we have to describe as the last ditch effort to revive the Zune. Microsoft needs to gain some traction on the Zune and privately, sources have told us that the company has been developing something that is supposed to be an iPod Touch/iPhone killer of sorts.

Our sources are finally stepping up to the plate with more specifics on what the specs will actually look like for the Zune HD and why you might want to own one.

From our understanding, the Zune HD is to feature a 3.6 inch OLED widescreen format display with external HDMI output that will allow streaming direct to your HDMI equipped monitor. The screen itself besides being OLED will be of the multi-touch variety. Our sources tell us that it will be able to deliver a resolution of 640 x 480 with video at 30 frames per second.

The Zune HD will be available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, and 120GB versions. While we have heard rumors of a 4GB version as well, our sources clearly say that there will be no 4GB model and before it is all over, Microsoft may choose not to market the 8GB version either. From our understanding all of the storage will in fact be flash memory and not use a hard drive. The Zune HD will not offer SD memory card support as have been suggested by some sources.

The battery life is expected to be in the range of about 30+ for audio and around 5+ hours for video which puts it in the same league on battery life as the iPod Touch. The Zune HD will feature a new revamped interface with some new bells and whistles to make use of all of the video and CPU horsepower offered by this updated model.

Our sources tell us that Microsoft is targeting the launch for the Zune HD for November 14th which will put it on retailer shelves in time for the holiday season. Pricing remains an unknown at this time.
\
Fudzilla - Specs for Zune HD trickle out

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
That's nothing really new and my sources say there won't be a 120gb version (that would seemingly make it a HDD-based player not flash which it most likely is)

Seth

MD Party Room
I really really hope there is a 120gb version. It be nice if I can get ride of my Zune and my ipod touch into one. However if MS does to a 120 flash, I trust it whould be way to much to buy..However I go up to $350 for one.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
I am super pumped for this. I cannot wait for this to come to the UK! Definitely going to try and get one on launch.

Adiuvo

I'm just hoping it's cheaper than the iPod touch. It really has to be, if they really want to kill it. Didn't work out too well last time when they priced it the same.

Cryox

Bro.
i bet it will be cheaper than the touch, because we all know how much Bill dislikes Apple stuff. I mean, he won't allow his kid's to have iPods...

-chw42-

Like a Boss
If this doesn't have any kind of SDK, it still won't do anything to stop the iPod touch.