• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Zune HD

-chw42-

Like a Boss
It took over a year after release for the iPhone/iTouch SDK to come out... Do you not remember this?

I do. But since Apple already has a majority of the market when it come to MP3 players, they have to be on the ball when they release this. The old Zune had an SDK, so I'm pretty sure they'll have one for this up pretty soon. If they really want to compete with the App Store and the iPod touch, they need to have an App Store that is somehow linked to XBLA or something along those lines. Not to mention an SDK.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
FLAC support on a portable device... that's like wanting to play a 1080p video on a SD television.

Agreed. I'm picky about audio but there are limits. I could care less about having FLAC on a portable device - V0 will suffice.

birdman

Agreed. I'm picky about audio but there are limits. I could care less about having FLAC on a portable device - V0 will suffice.

V0 is perfect for me but Microsoft needs to compete with Apple's ALAC support.

As others have said, if this has a 120gb version, I'm dumping my iPod classic once the price goes down; but i would have done the same if apple came out with a 120gb touch.

I would speculate that the Zune HD would have rather large capacities due to the 720p video capabilities.

Joey

V0 is perfect for me but Microsoft needs to compete with Apple's ALAC support.

As others have said, if this has a 120gb version, I'm dumping my iPod classic once the price goes down; but i would have done the same if apple came out with a 120gb touch.

I would speculate that the Zune HD would have rather large capacities due to the 720p video capabilities.

If it's flash memory, don't expect more than 32gb. 120GB flash memory would cost a fortune.

Joey

Seems a little too small. I'd actually like it to be just a tad bit bulkier. It's hard to cradle something so thin and small in your hands. Even the iPhone was hard to hold sometimes.

Seth

MD Party Room

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I can't imagine playing any microsoft game W/O a controler :S

It didn't work on the iPhone/iPod Touch...Microsoft should know better.

Colm

FLAC support on a portable device... that's like wanting to play a 1080p video on a SD television.

Depends on storage. My 4gb iA7 had FLAC.. useless. But if a 32gb device had it, and you had a decent pair of headphones, it might just work.

Adiuvo

I was hoping for $250 personally, but that's still quite a good price. Since I'm getting a Go though, this probably will take a backseat.

@Sinfulfate: Too much gamerscore :argh: