• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Zune HD

Urameshi

Who Higher Than Me?
I really want one, but so far it seems just like an iPod touch, and I already have one so idk...im prolly gonna get it for the sake of getting one and then hate myself later >.<

Seth

MD Party Room
Same I have a ipod touch,but hey I just sold my 2ed ipod touch for 170 and might just be getting a zune hd. Why I need another mp3 player idk.

Sinfulfate

Has anyone else picked one up yet? I got the 32 gb. I haven't got to mess around with it too much since I been at school all day and now I have to wait for Zune Software to update before I can sync it with my pc to test out most of its features.

James.

User Not Found
I want one of these, but they've made it US only ):
I might import one, but I'm not sure about the silver colour

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I ordered a 16GB one today, will post up some impressions when I get it.

The OLED screen and the capabilities of the graphics chip is what sold me. Just heard Audiosurf is being ported to it with tilt functionality as well :D Can't wait.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Dose ZuneHD have internet feature just like on the iphone?

Seth

MD Party Room

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
There is no App store right now... First party only apps.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM EST ----------

I just read threw this and I must say it was great.. It almost like freeplay or iball was talking

From OLED to Tegra: Five Myths of the Zune HD - AppleInsider

I don't take anything written by haters of the device (he doesn't even have one). Yes the OLED screen is not the brightest when compared to LCD screens but what would you rather have, a bright and blinding screen at night or one with a crisp clear and magnificient image. The screen is fine on the Zune HD and many other devices have pulled of OLED in MP3 players (Cowon, Sony) and they're all great.

His argument on Tegra is relatively accurate, modern processors are close to the speed and efficiency of Tegra (considering I heard about Tegra about 3 years ago I'm not surprised).

However the rest of his arguments are rubbish. The zune can output 720p, that's exactly what I need right about now and is something I was just going to setup my old desktop for. He's clearly an iPod fanboy if he says the iPod has a better screen and says it has a "better screen resolution" - sure it does, by a few pixels! It has the same amount of pixels as the PSP-1000 which is plenty on a screen that size, anything more is overkill.

I hate people like him, but basically what I'm trying to say is: OLED tech is great, he's over exaggerating it and Tegra is still f'ing amazing

FreePlay

I... fucking... love it.

Here's a "review" I did via Twitter. cba to format.

# so... the Zune HD. nice, simple, stylish interface; surprisingly good web browser; kind of missing the ability to transfer songs by wifi...
# I figured as much about the squirting. I only ever squirted from my zune to my zune, lol. can't find anybody else with one.
# but apparently stuff like Twitter and Facebook is coming to the HD, and with the app store available just to the HD I think it shows promise
# the ability to expand a lower-res video to fill the screen is nice. the history of recent videos, podcasts, songs and websites is convenient
# and they FINALLY made it so you can delete songs and videos from the device, rather than just at sync.
# the screen is brighter & has a smoother, more vibrant picture than the older zunes the 0-30 volume range makes for better control (vs. 0-20)
# biggest complaint is that there doesn't seem to be any way to calibrate the touchscreen & seems like it registers below my finger's position
# the keyboard is just ridiculous unless you turn it on its side and type in widescreen, and even then it's a bit sloppy, but works OK
# HD radio is a nifty addition, and has made surprising headway into the local market (about 1 in 3 stations offers alternate streams)
# launching/leaving apps is much faster than on HDD-based Zunes.
# having the albums laid out as icons of album covers rather than text is nice, as is the quick alphabet search you get by tapping a letter
# well @taueret I don't know, it might, I tried sending a track from my Zune 80 to my Zune HD and the 80 never detected the HD.
# the Tegra allows for a much, much sexier interface than the old Zunes; everything is in 3D, and UI pieces fly fold & slide on and off screen
# UI inconsistency nit to pick: you can tap+drag the progress indicator on a video to seek, but not in a song.
# on the plus side, you can now save the Now Playing list to a named playlist, on-the-fly
# OH! Another Zune HD nit that really bugs me: You can't lock the screen while playing a video! you lock by hitting the power button...
# ... and that just stops the video playback until you hit it again
# btw, for the geeks out there, the Zune's useragent is: "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12; Microsoft ZuneHD 4.1)"

Seth

MD Party Room
Wait Zune HD lost wifi sync, one of the major selling point from the old zune? Well that sucks

the Zune HD. nice, simple, stylish interface; surprisingly good web browser; kind of missing the ability to transfer songs by wifi...

Does anyone know if the zune fm car pack works?

Seth

MD Party Room
Like you find anyone else with a zune lol

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"
I won't have one until Black Friday... goddammit I sooo want one right now! Hopefully more colors will be out by then as i'm hoping for a dark blue first, if not, a black one.

Seth

MD Party Room
I won't have one until Black Friday... goddammit I sooo want one right now! Hopefully more colors will be out by then as i'm hoping for a dark blue first, if not, a black one.

Really dont think it be on sale on black Friday..