• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Noob Needs Help

xoxopsp

hi all,
i am new on this forum, i cant upgrade from 2.81 to 3.10 and i dont know how to run home brew, but i want to downgrade to 2.71 to run devhook which is not running on 2.81 as my psp gives the error of game could not be started. can any one of you please give me detailed step by step instructions? and please include images if you can.

i have a 1 GB MS in my psp, and i have no text on either left or right back side of my psp.

is it possible for me to run .iso games in 2.81 by using emulator? if i can then please suggest the emulator...

Help me out,
Thanks

P.S. and yeah i dont even know what home brew is..... :S

Roe

First of all don't double post and secondly you will have to upgrade to 3.03 then downgrade back to 1.50 then upgrade to 3.40oe-a in order to play .iso games, use homebrew. You also seem like you have no clue about what homebrew or custom firmwares are so if you need any further help you can contact me over msn messenger.

xoxopsp

so how is it possible for me to upgrade to 3.03 from my current firmware which is 2.81

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Roe

The xmb is the home screen. The place where when you turn on you psp you can browse around and listen to your music, look at photos etc.

Roe

No you have to go to 3.03 then downgrade to 1.50 then the only way to play .iso games is by upgrading to custom fw 3.40oe-a

xoxopsp

i have successfully updated my psp to 3.03, thanks for that, now can you please guide me further to downgrade to 1.50 then upgrade to 3.40 oe-a.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

xoxopsp

what happens if i brick my psp, and what is bricking anyway. plus i have no text on either right side or left side of the back of my umd case.

xoxopsp

i just downloaded the 3.03 downgrader files first of all i understand the MS Root procedure but what do i do with the src folder in the archive? plus the read me is a photoshop file, i dont have GTA:LCS but i do have NFS:MW with 2.00 update and i noticed that in saved game folder there are game saves of LCs, do i replace them with my MW saves and then execute the process?

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Well, if you follow the guide to a tee, then you shouldn't brick. Bricking is when the PSP is basically dead, turns on but nothing happens, and it's semi-heavy, so it's similar to a brick.:biggrin: But yea, it shouldn't brick at all, brickings happen when people don't read the directions 'n' such, and do stuff they probably shouldn't, or mess with stuff they shouldn't, or download stuff from unreliable sources. Here our files have been used many times, over and over, they are perfect. Good stuff, shop smart, shop S-Mart.:w00t:

Cheezeball99

BTW, sorry for double-post.
i just downloaded the 3.03 downgrader files first of all i understand the MS Root procedure but what do i do with the src folder in the archive? plus the read me is a photoshop file, i dont have GTA:LCS but i do have NFS:MW with 2.00 update and i noticed that in saved game folder there are game saves of LCs, do i replace them with my MW saves and then execute the process?

First off, src is the sourcecode, something you don't need/need to worry about.

Second, the file is an Adobe Acrobat Reader file, so you should be able to open it, if not I can convert it to a format you can open, if needed.

Third of all, YOU CANNOT DO IT WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN AN UNPATCHED LCS. That's one of those "stuff" that I was talking about that will get you bricked. You have to have LCS.

I say this not in anger, but in safety, don't do it, you'll be PSP-less.

xoxopsp

naah i'll open it in acrobat, but can i use MW instead of LCS for 2.00? and do i use my previous saves in place of the savedata that is there in the saves folder

xoxopsp

ok, so i have to use LCS...well i'll get it today then try,

BTW thanks for saving my PSP!

but isnt my MW 2.00 too? so doesnt that help?

Cheezeball99

It doesn't have to do with the 2.00 necessarily, it has to do with the unpatched LCS, there's an exploit in the actual game, and they fixed it in ones that don't have the 2.00. The updater is just the identifier that the exploit is still there.

You can't use devhook in 3.03, I don't believe. I may be wrong, however, because I don't use it.

Also, you should just upgrade to an OE firmware after you downgrade to 1.5, it eliminates the need for devhook, plus it's better, better compatibility, better homebrew, it has popstation, etc.