• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

UK offers Beatles Degree

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
The university said it was the first postgraduate taught course on The Beatles in the United Kingdom, and possibly the world.

Source.

Seems a little over-the-top to me, but nonetheless, it's pretty cool.
Discuss.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Wtf? and I thought a Beatles degree was pointless. Link?
Sorry, it's not a degree. It's just a Smash Bros Theory course.
Smash Bros. - The College Course - NeoGAF

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM EST ----------

What sort of job will this help you get?

Complete waste of time.
Plenty of jobs: groupie, stalker, Beatles trivia talk host, the list goes on and on...

Lets face it, there are already plenty of useless degrees (arts come to mind) so what is one more?

Vee

I hate The Beatles. Every time i'm in liverpool i'm dragged around to see the museum and all the attractions. Pretty mediocre band imo.

This is really stupid.

You get your degree...

What next?

I'll give you time to think...
Exactly.

andyauff

Plenty of jobs: groupie, stalker, Beatles trivia talk host, the list goes on and on...

Lets face it, there are already plenty of useless degrees (arts come to mind) so what is one more?

And just what exactly is so useless about a degree in the arts?

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
Sorry, it's not a degree. It's just a Smash Bros Theory course.
Smash Bros. - The College Course - NeoGAF

Actually, reading the quote given in that link, that course does seem to have some point to it; or at least, more point than a Beatles degree.

This course will also provide in depth lectures and discussions involving many controversial issues concerning video games in our society today such as censorship, stereotyped characters, addiction, and gaming as an evolving art form.

And just what exactly is so useless about a degree in the arts?

Not that I'm agreeing with him, but art doesn't really fufill any purpose. I always think of it as a hobby at best.

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
If you have a degree in art, it makes you more likely to get a job in that field.
A hired artist can make millions of dollars for sketching, drawing, painting, etc.
That's why.
You can get fucking rich if you know what you're doing.