• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

Slasher

Suck It
I would buy it for us, but I have no way of buying online.

EDIT: Ordered my 16gig Iphone today but am having second thoughts. I am looking at the plan prices and they are fucking insane! I'm signing up with Rogers because I am in Canada. Any other Canadians have one? If so, how much do you pay on it? The cheapest one I want is $60 + additional bonus pack ($15) + Service fees ($7) and one time activation fee ($35). I mean what the fuck. Other cell phone plans are like 25 bucks. Can anyone enlighten me?

I'm with Rogers here and I pay roughly $50 total or so per month, but it isn't with an iphone. From what I've heard, the iphone plans just plain suck.

This is what I use, and I also use a trick to use the WAP browsing as just plain unlimited browsing/data as well. I don't know if it applies to all phones, or just mine, but you just simply select the GoRogers access point whenever using anything internet-related and it works as WAP browsing despite even if it isn't. I use it to watch youtube vids, listen to internet radio, download whatever, check up on websites, and basically just do whatever I want - the best part is that it's totally unlimited so I don't have to worry about getting a data plan lol.

Here's my plan:

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I would buy it for us, but I have no way of buying online.

EDIT: Ordered my 16gig Iphone today but am having second thoughts. I am looking at the plan prices and they are fucking insane! I'm signing up with Rogers because I am in Canada. Any other Canadians have one? If so, how much do you pay on it? The cheapest one I want is $60 + additional bonus pack ($15) + Service fees ($7) and one time activation fee ($35). I mean what the fuck. Other cell phone plans are like 25 bucks. Can anyone enlighten me?
If you've been with Rogers for awhile and you ask for a better deal (depending on the person) they can knock your bill down pretty good.
Right now I'm paying around $30 after tax for the same thing Slasher has except for his additional features. Instead I have 1000 long distance minutes, voice mail, and caller ID. I'm trying to get the 500mb cap data plan for $15(its possible), but last time I called I was only offered it for $20 (Regular $25).
Currently wi-fi has been sufficient for me, only place I need the data plan for is when I visit my Parents, and car rides, but its not needed right now.
I'm paying less now after I bought my iPhone than I did with my old plan.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yea, Im going to wait for a tutorial for the iPod. Seems like you have to use bspatch to patch the file then make the ipsw as normal.

Anyways, this iPhone is killing me. I found a 2.2.1 custom firmware activated, tried to restore and got that stupid 1604 error.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Well I am in the process of making my new firmware for the iPod.

Sullivan

Your new firmware? EDIT: you mean you are following that tut right?

Sullivan

Yes and no. I think that most guides will be a full format and restore.

Yup, it's official. It was posted on the Dev Team blog that they have the untethered JB for the ipt2g. Posted around 14 minutes ago, it's here. It hasn't been integrated into QuickPwn\PwnageTool yet, but they will add it soon.

Sullivan

Sweet, I am waiting for an extensive guide, or a QuickPwn update.

Vee

It's out.

As I thought. They were going to hold it until the next iPhone but nitrokey forced their hand.

I think this is the single most retarded thing thats ever happened.

I'm sure we can collectivly agree, we would all rather the iPhone dev-team kept this jailbreak secret untill the next iPhone came out, then released. Does that prick not realise just how fucking stupid he's been?

This jailbreak comes from a flaw on hardware that was almost guarenteed to be on the next iPhone. Now that this is happened, i'm certain will see the next iPhone delayed and when it will be released, the hardware will be edited.

So basically, some ungreatful inpatient fuck has pretty much ruined the possibility of having a fully jailbroken/unpatchable iPhone 4G.

Moose

Meta Moose
I think this is the single most retarded thing thats ever happened.

I'm sure we can collectivly agree, we would all rather the iPhone dev-team kept this jailbreak secret untill the next iPhone came out, then released. Does that prick not realise just how fucking stupid he's been?

This jailbreak comes from a flaw on hardware that was almost guarenteed to be on the next iPhone. Now that this is happened, i'm certain will see the next iPhone delayed and when it will be released, the hardware will be edited.

So basically, some ungreatful inpatient fuck has pretty much ruined the possibility of having a fully jailbroken/unpatchable iPhone 4G.
To be honest I'm glad they released it. I'm not fussed about getting an iPhone so I honestly don't care. Call me inconsiderate or selfish, but I'd rather the JB be released now than in 5 months...

Slasher

Suck It
To be honest I'm glad they released it. I'm not fussed about getting an iPhone so I honestly don't care. Call me inconsiderate or selfish, but I'd rather the JB be released now than in 5 months...

I kind of agree with Vee on this one. A semi-tethered jailbroken ipod wasn't that bad other than people complaining because they couldn't turn their ipods back on without a computer nearby or a dongle. Just because of people being lazy and complaining, doesn't mean the option wasn't there. This release is entirely based on 'convenience' - now any future jailbroken ipods seems completely unlikely.

Sullivan

Ok, I want to jailbreak, but I bought two songs on my ipod itself, but I don't know how to get them on the pc.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Well I wont be buying the iPhone 4G if it comes out anyways. So I'm glad this got released.