• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Nintendo Forcing A Wii Price Hike In UK

eXo

M for Messenger
Due to the depreciation of the pound, Nintendo has said that they will be increasing the price they offer UK retailers for the Wii console. The Wii has a suggested retail price of

Cryox

Bro.
[STRIKE]if the game retailers raise console prices, there will be no use in taking advantage of the US dollar being worth more than the euro...

rates at 2009.03.11 20:36:09 UTC
1.00 EUR = 1.28479 USD[/STRIKE]

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
if the game retailers raise console prices, there will be no use in taking advantage of the US dollar being worth more than the euro...

rates at 2009.03.11 20:36:09 UTC
1.00 EUR = 1.28479 USD

The article does not mention the Euro, it's about the British Pound. In addition, both the Euro and Pound are worth more than the Dollar.

1.00 EUR = 1.28436 USD

1.00 GBP = 1.38871 USD

Both of the above, and the rate you quoted, both signify that $100 would translate into $72 GPB and $78 EUR, respectively.

Not sure what world economy reports you have been reading for the past few years.

Cryox

Bro.
The article does not mention the Euro, it's about the British Pound. In addition, both the Euro and Pound are worth more than the Dollar.

1.00 EUR = 1.28436 USD

1.00 GBP = 1.38871 USD

Not sure what world economy reports you have been reading for the past few years.

i heard the euro was worth less than the dollar... Geo teacher was wrong..... again.

o well, i should have looked more closely at the numbers before i posted lol

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
American dollar is shit. Worthless.

Anyways, this sucks for all the British kiddies.

Yeah, especially with Obama trying to pass bills to make invisible money be put to use.

Anyhow, back onto the topic, the world economy is being driven down, but you know, it happens, it's inevitable.

twelve

I'm not dead
I bet most retailers will ignore it. Just like most retailers have already started cutting the PS3 price because Sony wont drop it. Retailers make less money this way but at least they move the stock.