• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

iPhone/iPod Touch General Discussion

_Syn

I kind of agree with Vee on this one. A semi-tethered jailbroken ipod wasn't that bad other than people complaining because they couldn't turn their ipods back on without a computer nearby or a dongle. Just because of people being lazy and complaining, doesn't mean the option wasn't there. This release is entirely based on 'convenience' - now any future jailbroken ipods seems completely unlikely.

Uh, that was Moose .. HAHAHA :laugh:.

I'm gonna try it this weekend, spring break's here! :D

Robby

Los Doyers!
Well this isnt working out for me.
When I try to restore with iTunes, the screen turns black and it just hangs there on the Preparing iPod for Restore...
Then I get an error. I hate this.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Well this isnt working out for me.
When I try to restore with iTunes, the screen turns black and it just hangs there on the Preparing iPod for Restore...
Then I get an error. I hate this.

Which one did you use? Mine works just fine.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM EST ----------

I think this is the single most retarded thing thats ever happened.

I'm sure we can collectivly agree, we would all rather the iPhone dev-team kept this jailbreak secret untill the next iPhone came out, then released. Does that prick not realise just how fucking stupid he's been?

This jailbreak comes from a flaw on hardware that was almost guarenteed to be on the next iPhone. Now that this is happened, i'm certain will see the next iPhone delayed and when it will be released, the hardware will be edited.

So basically, some ungreatful inpatient fuck has pretty much ruined the possibility of having a fully jailbroken/unpatchable iPhone 4G.

It's not MuscleNerd's fault. Besides, the dev team didn't even discover the 24k exploit, it was Chronic who discovered it, months ago. They really did keep this hidden very well. Although some of us on iPTF had a hint from a Twitter tweet that they did indeed have something up their sleeves.

Getting back to whose fault this is...neither teams are at fault. NitroKey is to blame for this if anyone is to be blamed. Somebody leaked the exploit to them, probably for some money and they in turn, made some software claiming that it was theirs. What assholes.

Whisper

Logic :(
Which one did you use? Mine works just fine.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM EST ----------

It's not MuscleNerd's fault. Besides, the dev team didn't even discover the 24k exploit, it was Chronic who discovered it, months ago. They really did keep this hidden very well. Although some of us on iPTF had a hint from a Twitter tweet that they did indeed have something up their sleeves.

Getting back to whose fault this is...neither teams are at fault. NitroKey is to blame for this if anyone is to be blamed. Somebody leaked the exploit to them, probably for some money and they in turn, made some software claiming that it was theirs. What assholes.

Reading that kind of pisses me off.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Reading that kind of pisses me off.

These are the same people who wanted people to pay $55 for a freaking dongle. I feel bad for the people who bought them now. They also claimed everything was their work when clearly, they used a lot of shit from redsn0w lite. Talk about scamming people...

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM EST ----------

I kind of agree with Vee on this one. A semi-tethered jailbroken ipod wasn't that bad other than people complaining because they couldn't turn their ipods back on without a computer nearby or a dongle. Just because of people being lazy and complaining, doesn't mean the option wasn't there. This release is entirely based on 'convenience' - now any future jailbroken ipods seems completely unlikely.

There are many faults in the hardware. If they patch up this one, some new one might be created somewhere else. It's not completely over. Plus, as I explained before, they didn't release it just for the hell of it. They had no choice because some assholes decided to steal the work and sell it for $15 apiece. So basically, it was out there. So there was absolutely no use in hiding their work anymore...

_Syn

Seems as if devs will wanna put a price on it so it'll stop, but whatever. I'll stick with my ipt2g.

Guys, settle down. Nitrokey did it 'cause he's a desperate mofucka. :)
Either that or he shit on his pants when found out that the full jailbreak is already done, just waiting to be released, he HAD to do it.

PS: I'm being sarcastic btw, I don't like Nitrokey.
PPS: if anyone's having trouble jailbreaking, try out the untethered jailbreak GUI on iPTF. :p

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Seems as if devs will wanna put a price on it so it'll stop, but whatever. I'll stick with my ipt2g.

Guys, settle down. Nitrokey did it 'cause he's a desperate mofucka. :)
Either that or he shit on his pants when found out that the full jailbreak is already done, just waiting to be released, he HAD to do it.

PS: I'm being sarcastic btw, I don't like Nitrokey.
PPS: if anyone's having trouble jailbreaking, try out the untethered jailbreak GUI on iPTF. :p

NitroKey isn't just one guy, it's a company based in the UK.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM EST ----------

I decided on not getting an iphone. Fuck it. Getting a regular phone and going to beg for my Ipod Touch back from my friend.

xD What if he won't give it back?

Sullivan

How does winterboard work and themes? I downloaded a app called winterboard, when I open it up, it only allows me to select options... any help on how to get themes. What are some good theme sites? I here you guys talk about them, but I cannot find them.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I used the QuickFreedom GUI program.
I made the firmware. Then when it prepares the iPod the screen turns white like it should. Then in iTunes I select my custom firmware, screen turns black and thats it. It hangs and soon iTunes gives out an error.

Sullivan

I used that too.

I had a similar issue, to fix it, connect your ipod in dfu mode, open itunes, restore the 2.2.1 firmware to the ipod, then restart the jailbreak. Then it should work, thats what I tried when I did it earlier, and it worked.

Let me know if you have any more questions on "QuickFreedom".

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yea, I ended up restarting my computer and right when it started I ended all Apple related processes. Then I continued and it worked.

Sullivan

Nice, I didn't have to end any apple process's, but I restarted my pc too and it worked, I guess a fresh restart was the trick.

I need some good themes, good apps/games, how do I connect to Hackulous through cydia? What is the best program to ssh? And can I just use FileZilla to ssh?

Robby

Los Doyers!
Nice, I didn't have to end any apple process's, but I restarted my pc too and it worked, I guess a fresh restart was the trick.

I need some good themes, good apps/games, how do I connect to Hackulous through cydia? What is the best program to ssh? And can I just use FileZilla to ssh?
I forgot the site with the themes. Macthemes2.net or something like that.
cydia.hackulo.us is the source to add to cydia
I use WinSCP to SSh into my iPhone. Very easy to use.

Sullivan

Installous is the only way to get the special apps for free right? :)

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Installous is the only way to get the special apps for free right? :)

No. You can download them on you're pc and sync them with iTunes if you prefer. But make sure you download 1 free app off the app store and patch you're mobileinstallation file (there is something that does that for you in the hackulo repo. To download themes, you can do that right on you're ipod as opposed to copying them over via ssh. Just open up cydia and there should be a bunch of theme sections. Download them and they will go right into Winterboard for you.