• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

what the hell is wrong with rapidshare

Robby

Los Doyers!
I got an old rapidshare premium account that has the 10GB thing. But it expires next week so I'm going to go on a downloading spree this weekend to get as many xbox games as possible.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
That show is terrible Frozen, I think your torrent client was trying to send you a message.:eek:

I loved JAG as a kid :( I was just trying to download it so I can see it all again, although I'm in no rush to do so. I'd much rather watch NCIS (have seen the majority of the episodes but not the very early ones). I found a site/forum where rapidshare accounts are shared, although not sure if they'll work yet (nothing to download right now so I'm putting it off since I'm lazy)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I can see the appeal of using RapidShare to download older stuff, but for anything new, torrents rule. I've got my seedbox setup so it auto downloads all my favorite TV shows each week from SCC.

Anyway.. if you're fed up with RapidShare but don't like torrents might want to take a look at newsgroup services. The selection isn't as large but newsgroups have everything new and usually old stuff that is popular. Check a newsgroup search engine like Binsearch to see what I mean.

JEMdev

regardless of principles of piracy and old school bootlegging

in 2009 i refuse to pay a third party anything for my downloads, especially when i can get them entirely free.

the point wasn't a matter of price.

and yes i do mean how fast do you need, in this day and age i can torrent an entire season of a television show, in a few hours. Do i need to get it faster than that?

I guess i'm just not as addicted to downloading as others are.

edit: even with older stuff you have options besides rapidshare, theres torrent groups that have episodes of shows from the 1970s.

twelve

I'm not dead
edit: even with older stuff you have options besides rapidshare, theres torrent groups that have episodes of shows from the 1970s.
You've highlighted the exact problem with torrents. Different groups/private trackers for different things.

With rapidshare I search one site that has it all and doesn't have any screening process or restrictions on joining/staying active.

Plus using rapidshare to download is perfectly legal in the UK. Torrenting isn't as uploading (seeding) is illegal. Most private trackers have a up/down ratio that you must meet and as such you are forced to break the law if you want to continue downloading from them.

Seth

MD Party Room
wait you found a good search for rapidshare,when I use it I have to try a 100 different blogs with rapidshare links.And most of them have been taken down due to not being downloaded for 90 or for copywriters when there to many hits.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
The selection isn't as large but newsgroups have everything new and usually old stuff that is popular. Check a newsgroup search engine like Binsearch to see what I mean.
I remember way back when, PopeOfDope hooked me up with a month of Giganews (I think it was Giganews) and it was ridiculous. Newzbin+Newsgroup subscription = phenomenal. Maxed out my internet connection every damn time.

Hooger

I remember way back when, PopeOfDope hooked me up with a month of Giganews (I think it was Giganews) and it was ridiculous. Newzbin+Newsgroup subscription = phenomenal. Maxed out my internet connection every damn time.

It is the best, I max out my connection everytime. Watch a movie pretty much instantly. Or the time it takes to pop some popcorn.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
wait you found a good search for rapidshare,when I use it I have to try a 100 different blogs with rapidshare links.And most of them have been taken down due to not being downloaded for 90 or for copywriters when there to many hits.
Blogs? I use forums to look for my rapidshare links. This way I can look at the screenshots, and read the comments from other people to see if the download is actually what it says. I laugh at my torrent friends who always download a 'dvdrip' movie, when it was just a telesync. It takes them a few hours too. Meanwhile I can see what I'm getting before hand, an actual dvdrip, and have it ready to watch in 10 minutes.

The reason uploaders keep using rapidshare is because of the point system. Good uploaders have rapidshare for free. Great uploaders have it free for life. So they aren't complaining at all. It's also one of the fastest (upload, and download) for premium members.

Megaupload is horrible. They used to be somewhat decent until they took away Happy Hour. That was the only thing going for it. The download speeds were average, and I could never get premium login to work with IDM.

Megashares is probably the next best to rapidshare, except it's uploader base isn't strong enough to warrant a purchase yet. It's usually the first to have links up (besides torrents) and has good upload speeds(may be better than rapidshare). I haven't gotten premium for this yet so I haven't tested it completely. The one thing I don't like (which many think is a positive) is the large file size limit. I use a download manager, so I would rather download 40x100MB rar files rather than a 4GB rar file straight, since what usually happens when you download really fast is one of the archives becomes corrupt. I would rather download that one corrupt rar, than the entire 4GB again.

Currently I'm getting rapidshare for free. It has the largest amount of uploaders and some of the fastest download speeds. Anything I want always has a rapidshare link. That is why I use rapidshare premuim.