• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Need Help with Devhook!!!

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Hello.
I'm running a 3.40 OE fw psp with a TA-086 mobo. I want to play Burnout Dominator from my memstick, but I seem to be having trouble doing so. I've enabled "Use No-UMD" and "Use Plain modules in UMD/ISO", but still when I boot up Burnout Dominator, all I get is a black screen after the memstick access light flashes a few times. :confused1:

I was wondering if I would be able to run 3.03 OE-C (or 3.03 official) under devhook (while still running 3.40 OE). And if so, how would I go about accomplishing this?

Thanks!!! XD

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Um, I think what you would want to do is DISABLE no-UMD, forgive me if I'm wrong and this is a special case. Have you ripped the update out of the game or relinked anything? Maybe you could be having problems with an issue of ripping. If I'm not mistaken EA games are very particular about having all things there. Hope I contributed slightly.:thumbup1:

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Thanks for the help you provided. I just tried disabling "Use No-UMD" and I got the "game could not be started" error. I don't think there's anything wrong the cso, I didn't rip anything from it. It's really strange because it used to work for me in 3.03 OE-C. :confused1:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thanks for the help you provided. I just tried disabling "Use No-UMD" and I got the "game could not be started" error. I don't think there's anything wrong the cso, I didn't rip anything from it. It's really strange because it used to work for me in 3.03 OE-C. :confused1:

Did you have a UMD in the drive?

Also, there is a guide in the FAQ forum for setting up DevHook: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=295

Cheezeball99

Also HERE's the UMD compat thread.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Did you have a UMD in the drive?

No. >.< I had to get rid of all my UMDs to afford my PS3. I kept my ISOs, however. I'll see if I can pick up a UMD game today. XD

Cheezeball99

There's your problem, mate! You need to disable No-UMD, and then if you do that you need a UMD:biggrin:. I'll make a 99.5% bet that if you disable No-UMD and have one in there it'll run perfect.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
There's your problem, mate! You need to disable No-UMD, and then if you do that you need a UMD:biggrin:. I'll make a 99.5% bet that if you disable No-UMD and have one in there it'll run perfect.

Okay. So, I'll go out and get a UMD game today and hopefully it'll work. XD Oh, perhaps will it work even with a UMD movie? Because if so, I'd like to get the "Silent Hill Experience" UMD movie. XD

If you have any UMD movies please let me know if this will work. Thanks. XD

Cheezeball99

I have no idea, man, the UMD I usually use is Spectral Souls, cuz it's the biggest UMD ISO filesize of the UMDs I have, so I can save the space on my memstick. I have no UMD Movies.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Okay. Thanks guys for the help. XD

I'll be sure to get a UMD game today then. XD

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
Thanks guys for the help. I got a UMD game today and I can now play my Burnout Dominator. XD