• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Internet Connection Booting

Cryox

Bro.
Well, i was curious if there is a app i can get/download that will allow me to kick other computers off the connection. Like say i have:
3 Computers and a Xbox connected to the same wireless connection, and i wanted to kick 2 computers (of my choosing) and leave 1 pc and the xbox on the connection

How could i achieve this?

Links would be nice.

thanks
~tbb15

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
Turn them off?

Or log onto the router and block their mac addresses

I could only see him blocking mac addresses if the computers weren't his.

But since they are his computers, the only way would be to turn them off or go on each one and disconnect from the internet.

CASHMON3Y

Some routers will let you lock out certain MAC addresses, which will disconnect them.

Cryox

Bro.
Well, i want to do this without them knowing. so how would i do that?

Sullivan

You could set them up for remote control, or set up a VNC server, they would know someones controlling it. Over VNC, you could create a batch file, send it over, which will autoshut down the pc, or you could do certain different tasks.

Another thing, which I found very amusing last year in high school, is to use these:

PsTools

You can kill, start, run processes with out the user knowing, etc. They are very powerful, be careful what you do if you don't use them on your own network.

Cryox

Bro.
I'll try that out. Thanks.
--
My school has the use of .bat files blocked :( . They also blocked CMD and Taskmanager and all the other fun stuff. I planned to shut down all of my computer apps class computers at once, displaying the message, Network Infection Detected... Attempting to save non-infected systems...

My comp app teacher would probably have called the school 'tech' guys faster than you could say hey

Sullivan

I once sent "haha" to the entire school district through the command prompt.

It was probably the most scared I had ever been. My district is made up of over 50 schools, and almost every one had at least 2000 pc's. Funny thought.

Cryox

Bro.
did you get caught? cause i probably would have becuase i am about 75% sure they record every computer screen. well, at least the ones in the computer apps class, cause they have a little bar at the top that allows the teacher to control our computers, restrict internet access etc... its called like schoolvue or somthing

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Give us one good reason why we should support you in this adventure? Since this isn't QJ I will allow it to go on, but seriously...unnecessary

Sullivan

I never got caught, but last year, a year after I did that, a bunch of kids hacked into the network, installing key logggers on every machine, stealing teachers log in passwords and emails, and credit card numbers. It turned into a huge thing. They ended up changing grades and stuff. It got to the point where the whole school was questioned by the FBI, etc. The 4 kids were 17, and were trialed as adults.

Hackers change grades at Fort Bend ISD high school | Alternative News Sources

And wait, I am slow, but I think I got the hint that your not using this at home?

Cryox

Bro.
Give us one good reason why we should support you in this adventure? Since this isn't QJ I will allow it to go on, but seriously...unnecessary
@FrozenIpaq and Sullivan

Uh, i'm not using this for school. It somehow turned into a discussion about school a couple posts back. I want to use this for home because I am sick of having 3-4 computers on at once, 2-3 that aren't even using the internet.

And i want to use it to mess with my family. Just for some good laughs.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
@FrozenIpaq and Sullivan

Uh, i'm not using this for school. It somehow turned into a discussion about school a couple posts back. I want to use this for home because I am sick of having 3-4 computers on at once, 2-3 that aren't even using the internet.

1: install a sleep on lan program
2: run it to turn off computers on network
3: ?????
4: profit

Sullivan

My school has deep freeze too, but its uh like, very easy to disable.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
@FrozenIpaq and Sullivan

That's not a laughing matter if I was in their shoes. As far as it not being what you were using it for..you did post this did you not

I'll try that out. Thanks.
--
My school has the use of .bat files blocked . They also blocked CMD and Taskmanager and all the other fun stuff. I planned to shut down all of my computer apps class computers at once, displaying the message, Network Infection Detected... Attempting to save non-infected systems...

My comp app teacher would probably have called the school 'tech' guys faster than you could say hey
- I'm pretty sure it was safe to assume you were using it for school at that point

LocutusEstBorg

You need to resort to ARP poisoning. You can boot any IP off the physical network you're connected to. ARP is the protocol used to map MAC addresses to IPs, and each time a computer connects to a network, it sends an ARP packet announcing its IP and MAC. The thing is there is no security at all, anyone can send an ARP packet with their MAC and someone else's IP, thus all data to that IP will actually be received by you. To boot someone off the network, you can simply keep broadcasting ARP packets with their MAC and a fake IP. You can also block them from accessing the internet by sending an ARP packet to their MAC alone, that announces the internet router's MAC with a fake IP.

Fortunately there are tools to automate this. Such as arptoxin.exe
It allows you to either boot an IP off the network, or to block them from accessing any other particular IP such as an internet router.