• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Hold+ v4.0 - Ultimate Music Player Companion

LocutusEstBorg

When i finally updated my psp to 5.00 m33 and use the plugin with music, after around 1 minute the music plays very slowly due to the cpu being very low, if i switch hold off it goes back to normal. It didnt do this on 4.00? Any solutions?

I've never encountered this this problem. If it plays properly with the CPU underclocked manually using VSHMenu, then it will play properly with Hold+. Maybe because of other plugins?

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
I've never encountered this this problem. If it plays properly with the CPU underclocked manually using VSHMenu, then it will play properly with Hold+. Maybe because of other plugins?

Thats happened to me when using music prx and music playing programs but not with the xmb player.

Is he using a program or from xmb.

LocutusEstBorg

I only intended it to be used from the XMB. Frankly I don't see the point in using any other players. Even volume boost features of other players come at a massive quality loss because they probably hard limit the peaks while boosting the whole track by a fixed decibel value. The loudest you can get without quality loss would be to normalize your source files before conversion, and you can play them in the XMB itself. But thats just my opinion....

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh

LocutusEstBorg

Updated to v3.7

I've modified the internal working quite a bit, so report any problems if any.

Changelog v3.7
----------------------------------
Optimized Code.
Proper fixed to prevent any chance of accidental suspend when coming out of hold mode due to pushing switch too far.
LEDs do not blink every 30 seconds anymore.

Cryox

Bro.
i love this thing, i've been using for quite awhile now.

next feature you should add is for videos, and it should turn off all the led indicators (MS stick and Battery) so they don't distract the user from watching movies and stuff

LocutusEstBorg

Updated to v3.8

Changelog v3.8
5th brightness level now works correctly on PSP-3000.

Unfortunately I find the 3000 screen to be inferior to the 2000 in both brightness AND quality :(

Fives

Changelog v3.8
5th brightness level now works correctly on PSP-3000.

Unfortunately I find the 3000 screen to be inferior to the 2000 in both brightness AND quality :(

weird i think it looks way better! anyways thanks for the update.

AndrewYY

I'm finding that this plugin (on my psp3000) increases scroll speed for everything in the XMB, but only after I scroll through some music first?

LocutusEstBorg

I'm finding that this plugin (on my psp3000) increases scroll speed for everything in the XMB, but only after I scroll through some music first?

It will increase speed exactly after 7/60th of a second of holding UP/DOWN, which happens to be exactly after you scroll ONE song.

EDIT: Misunderstood your sentence... Yes because the XMB unloads the music player only when you actually select something else. It allows you to scroll left and right through the other menus without stopping the music. The moment you enter another menu it will return to normal.

The only exception is the Photos menu, because the XMB doesn't unload the music player while browsing the Photos menu. In a way its good because some people have hundreds of photos and fast scrolling through those would be useful too.

afteralter

S for Surreal
I usually don't load up CFWe on my PSP 3000 but this plug-in makes me to do so. rofl.
great job :)

LocutusEstBorg

This is a fix for people with broken Hold switches that keep randomly switching on and off while in Hold mode.

Changelog v4.0
Now when the Hold switch is enabled, the PSP remains in hold mode permanently until the switch is fully pushed to the power off position. This will prevent a malfunctioning Hold switch from randomly interfering.

Removed Display Off mode (hold ANALOG UP while releasing Hold) since holding Select is sufficient for most users.

afteralter

S for Surreal
This is a fix for people with broken Hold switches that keep randomly switching on and off while in Hold mode.

Changelog v4.0
Now when the Hold switch is enabled, the PSP remains in hold mode permanently until the switch is fully pushed to the power off position. This will prevent a malfunctioning Hold switch from randomly interfering.

Removed Display Off mode (hold ANALOG UP while releasing Hold) since holding Select is sufficient for most users.

yay. now my friend can use this. lol. thanks man.

LocutusEstBorg

yay. now my friend can use this. lol. thanks man.

Yeah, my Hold switch has become really bad and basically just stays "unholded" even if its switched on except for a few times when it randomly makes contact and goes into hold mode for a few seconds. Thats why I made it permanently stay in Hold at the very first contact and stay that way until you push it all the way to the top like to power off.

isumi

hello, i used about 2-3 month v 4.0 of hold+ and it worked everything, but since last 2 month i can't deactivate the hold, if i do so till the end (turn off) then my psp just turns off and if i do it carefully not till the end, i get black display and nothing works until i turn off and turn on it again.
I tried to replace the hold file and to enable/disable it in recovery-mode, but i still get the same. I use psp 2000 and gen-c.
Does anyone knows, how to fix it? Thanks.

LocutusEstBorg

Since v4.0 you must push it to the end to unhold. You might be holding it at the end for too long or pressing it repeatedly.

isumi

Actually i do it like before, when it worked. I push it to the end very fast, but this is not helping. First display turns on and then psp turns off. I didn't install new plugins after it worked. And i've it on two Memory cards and none works completely. :(

LocutusEstBorg

Actually i do it like before, when it worked. I push it to the end very fast, but this is not helping. First display turns on and then psp turns off. I didn't install new plugins after it worked. And i've it on two Memory cards and none works completely. :(

The suspend sysevent is masked for a short period when pushing the switch fully after unholding to prevent it from suspending. If theres something else on your PSP thats interfering with this it might cause it to suspend immediately after unhold.