• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 Firmware 2.70 Made Official, Brings 16-Player In-Game Text Chat

eXo

M for Messenger
Despite being April Fools day, there sure is no shortage of real announcements coming in through the pipeline from Sony. Following a spate of rumors, the company just announced that firmware 2.70 is inbound for PS3. It will highlight the introduction of in-game text chat, a much-requested addition that will allow PSN users to communicate [...]

More...

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Wish they worked on the psp more.

Whisper

Logic :(
Who requested text chat? I'm pretty sure most wanted voice. Oh well free update can't complain:p

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Who requested text chat? I'm pretty sure most wanted voice. Oh well free update can't complain:p
News Headlines
Microsoft sues for party chat feature​
It would be nice if it was, oh well guess party text is alright.

Slasher

Suck It
Just a heads up - If you guys watch the video, it displays quite clearly that there is both 'Text Chat' AND a 'Voice Chat' option.

I'm pretty sure that if he selected Voice Chat as an example, the exact same result would happen as clicking Text Chat. Maybe I'm wrong though and that voice chat option has always been there? I don't know, I've never tried it before :/

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Just a heads up - If you guys watch the video, it displays quite clearly that there is both 'Text Chat' AND a 'Voice Chat' option.

I'm pretty sure that if he selected Voice Chat as an example, the exact same result would happen as clicking Text Chat. Maybe I'm wrong though :/

Although when he went over that option he said it was "Audio and Video chat" which doesn't sound the same as just audio chat ;)