• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[Guide] Play Backups from any mass storage device

Seth

MD Party Room
This guide will show you how to install the backup loader onto your Wii so you can play backups without the need for a modchip and from any USB mass storage device

[FIELDSET="Requirements"]Requirements
  • Wii that can Run Homebrew
  • USB-Loader_v1.zip
  • cIOS36_rev9-Installer.zip
  • USB Mass Storage Device
Download Here *Files*
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Steps to Install"]
On your Pc

• Insert the SD card into your pc and Unzip/Extract the contents of the rar file into the root of your sd card.

On your Wii
  • Insert the SD card into the Wii and remove any Gamecube memory cards that may be inserted.
  • Turn on your Wii
  • Launch the Homebrew Channel

Install cIOS36 rev9
  • You will see a list of 2 programs. Highlight the top one and Press A to run it.
  • When you see the Disclaimer press A to accept it.
  • Select "Network Installation". Wait for it to install.
  • Then restart your wii
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="To Format in WBFS"]To Format in WBFS

• Plug in your USB drive and launch the USB-Loader
  • If your USB Device is supported you will get a screen prompting you to format the device in the new WBFS format.
  • Next select the partition you wish to format. Press "A" to continue.
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="How to Backup your Games"]How to Backup your Games
Insert a game and press "+".
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Thanks"]
Phil - His old guide
Waninkoko -The guys who made this.
nintendo-scene.com - the source of the files and for posting news about this[/FIELDSET]

Your game is now installed and ready to play. Just repeat the same steps to add more games. The rest of the GUI should be self explanatory.

tave

Great guide seth, thnx a lot

hoping for more guides for the wii soon **hopefully a noob friendly guide for 3.4..ahaha**

TeamOverload

Nice, I'll have to try this out as I have a second partition on my external hard drive just chillin there at the moment.

TeamOverload

So does this loader only work with your own dumped games, as it doesn't seem as if that partitioning can be recognized on my computer.

Seth

MD Party Room
I cant get many of my "backups" to work,tho I think it may be the fact that I am downloading pal and not NTSC. Plus my WII HDD seem to die on me last night so all I got left is a 60 gb to try out all my backups with. So far mario kart and super mario galaxy works great.

Lampworker

W00t

Tried this today. Results follow:
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t::w00t:
Then a little bit of :love:

That's right folks, That's 5/5 w00t with a side of love.

This is some impressive stuff really. Didn't find the process difficult at all. Thanks much for posting this Seth. I don't follow the wii scene much, so without mformature and your post I would still be in the dark.

Seth

MD Party Room
What games have you tried Lampworker?

Lampworker

Games I've tried

What games have you tried Lampworker?

100% of my original backups work, even ones listed as wonky or not working in the compatibility list.

Tiger Woods 08
Game Party (Wow is this some real poo)
Rapala Tournament Fishing
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Kart
Super Mario Galaxy

HINT HINT HINT: Region -REALLY- seems to matter. Go with the region of your wii and it's all golden for me. :)

Seth

MD Party Room
Nope not yet,it can only run backups.

TeamOverload

Not true actually. There's an app out there making the rounds that allows you to transfer the stuff to the partition. I used it to get MadWorld on there. Works a charm.

Seth

MD Party Room
Not true actually. There's an app out there making the rounds that allows you to transfer the stuff to the partition. I used it to get MadWorld on there. Works a charm.

That what Phil linked....He was asking how to get roms and emu on his wii via usb...

Btw was the copy of madworld you got pal? Cus I tried out a copy of madword pal and it ran like crap..

TeamOverload

Oh sorry, I got confused and thought he was replying to my older post asking if you could load isos on from your computer. That's what I get for not paying much attention.

Nope, I had the NTSC version and it worked smooth as can be.

eldiablov

Contributor
That what Phil linked....He was asking how to get roms and emu on his wii via usb...

Btw was the copy of madworld you got pal? Cus I tried out a copy of madword pal and it ran like crap..

Meanwhile, let's take ourselves back in time.

100% of my original backups work, even ones listed as wonky or not working in the compatibility list.

Tiger Woods 08
Game Party (Wow is this some real poo)
Rapala Tournament Fishing
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Kart
Super Mario Galaxy

HINT HINT HINT: Region -REALLY- seems to matter. Go with the region of your wii and it's all golden for me. :)

:)

Seth

MD Party Room
I cant seem to find many in my region..

Vithon

Download - UltimateV6.7.rar - Sharebee.com, the one and only online file hosting distribution service.

Current Features:
- Enable/disable Ocarina
- Change the Titlename through an .txt file.
- Game covers
- Force the disc video Mode, the consoles videomode, and patch the video mode
- Configure the design/layout of the loader through a config file on the root of your SD (move console, covers to another position, console color, etc.)

Default background: http://images.aerogaming.net/files/627/bg.png

Includes sample title.txt and config.txt

Don't think it was already posted.