• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Wanna help me?

Roe

Does any psp programmer want to make a program or two for me. I'm sure that the program that I want to make is very simple to do, I just don't have the knowledge to do it. I also don't mind what programming language it's in as long as it does it's job. So if anyone is willing to help please tell me.

--roe-ur-boat

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Why don't you say what they are and then maybe some programmers will respond. No one volunteers for unspecified jobs. I certainly don't.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
yea,it would help to specifiy what you wanted done.hell,it might be a useful program for the whole PSP homebrew community. :D

Roe

Ooooh, I forgot to include what I want the person to make XD. It's just a simple program that dummies, replaces and adds files to flash0. It's just a little thing so I can put them in my tuts in the psp faq's and guides section.

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Ooooh, I forgot to include what I want the person to make XD. It's just a simple program that dummies, replaces and adds files to flash0. It's just a little thing so I can put them in my tuts in the psp faq's and guides section.

That would PROBABLY be more of a windows program- something ran OS-side that modifies stuff on the PSP.

Roe

Hmm maybe. I dont really mind. I was more thinking of someone going to it in the xmb and it just does its thing then exits.

Roe

Oh ok I'll have a look around and if I need any help or have any problems I'll ask here.

Chilly Willy

Contributor
No problem... that should be easy enough to handle, especially as there are already apps out that do it. It's just a matter of making sure it does just what you want.

Roe

I'm thinking of doing it in lua, but i hear that i need a modified lua player to use it. Is it true?

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Does anyone know what I have to do in order to write to flash0 in LUA.

Get an older version of LUA. I remember a thread at ps2dev where folks were complaining that newer versions of the LUA player had disabled writing the flash. You might look through some threads in the PSP LUA forum over at ps2dev.