• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Error 80000004 Please Help

Death_Pigeon

All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy
I was running all psx games fine until I converted Crash Bandicoot Compilation 1-3 Using psx2psp I upload it it to my psp x:/psp/game/8AAFB5FD
I go to boot it up it it goes to the precautions then goes balck after a while and error message pops up saying:
"The Game could not be started. (80000004)"
Firmware: 3.40oe-a
I've been succeful in running 3 other Psx games before this Plz Help.
(I have read you need keys.bin i don't know what that file is)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I was running all psx games fine until I converted Crash Bandicoot Compilation 1-3 Using psx2psp I upload it it to my psp x:/psp/game/8AAFB5FD
I go to boot it up it it goes to the precautions then goes balck after a while and error message pops up saying:
"The Game could not be started. (80000004)"
Firmware: 3.40oe-a
I've been succeful in running 3 other Psx games before this Plz Help.
(I have read you need keys.bin i don't know what that file is)

It may need the KEYS.BIN. Do any of your other games have this file?

If so try placing it in the folder 8AAFB5FD.

Death_Pigeon

All Work and No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy
None of the other games required the keys.bin file all the other games worked fine they were catlevania sotn, fft, ff7. its in X:/PSP/Game/8AAFB5FD O yeah this game works fine on EpsxE just incase your wondering if it's a faulty iso.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
None of the other games required the keys.bin file all the other games worked fine they were catlevania sotn, fft, ff7. its in X:/PSP/Game/8AAFB5FD

Probably a corrupt ISO then... or the game may just not be compatible.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
okay just asking do you know what the error means?

its just a general error code that the PSP spits out when it doesn't understand something... could mean anything really, but the two reasons I listed above are the most probable.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
How would you get the keys.bin file

its not because of the KEYS.BIN, the latest psx2psp version does not require it. as I said before it is either a corrupt iso or the game is not compatible with 3.40 OE-A.

jessica

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well i had the same problem before but heres how i managed to get around that o and im running 3.03 OE-A: 1 get the hsg2 KEYS.bin and place it the desired game folder, make sure the game folder is in GAME and not GAME150 or GAME303, than goto the xmb menue select ur game by pressing triangle and than say start.

if that doesent work try puttin hsg2 on the memstick as well in GAME start that first than exit than start the desired psx game.

thses 2 ways helped me get it working for me best of luck.

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature

jesica
http://www.entertainmentvenues.org

Acerthief

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well i had the same problem before but heres how i managed to get around that o and im running 3.03 OE-A: 1 get the hsg2 KEYS.bin and place it the desired game folder, make sure the game folder is in GAME and not GAME150 or GAME303, than goto the xmb menue select ur game by pressing triangle and than say start.

if that doesent work try puttin hsg2 on the memstick as well in GAME start that first than exit than start the desired psx game.

thses 2 ways helped me get it working for me best of luck.

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

98% of teenage population has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature

jesica
http://www.entertainmentvenues.org

You broke two things around here.

1)Revive old threads. Well that's not really A rule, but the thread is way back in June man.

2)Advertising. Now that's just a fake sig. and That's twice.