• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Hewwo evvwebuddy

Kuraudo

Hey all, here's my introduction. Essentially I'm a programmer, interested in all manner of reverse-engineering and a homebrew fan. So yeah, hey :cool:

Kuraudo

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. :)

Yeah brew! It's refreshing to see someone mention homebrew rather than isos. Welcome to mformature! :)

Huge homebrew fan. I'm of the opinion that if you buy something, you should have the right to run whatever you want on it (I'd hate to buy a PC to find I could only run Windows software!). Besides, most homebrew software is better than corporate software. :D

[offtopic]
I'd be interested in learning to write things like HENs myself so I could share the rebellion, but I haven't a clue as to what needs to go into a good HEN (particularly, what facilities it needs to provide for homebrew software). It helps that I hardly know what a HEN does, besides taking exploits on one level and turning them into a permissions overhaul. If someone wants to share more technical info of HENs, PMs would be appreciated always. ;)
[/offtopic]

Adiuvo

HEN actually stands for Homebrew Enabler. Basically, it allows PSPs that normally wouldn't be able to play homebrew to do so. You only need one ;)

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Welcome to Shitty Wok.

Oh no, nota Finrand!

Hai thar.

Kuraudo

HEN actually stands for Homebrew Enabler. Basically, it allows PSPs that normally wouldn't be able to play homebrew to do so. You only need one ;)

I know what it means and the basic gist of what it does. What I was referring to was from a programmer/reverse-engineer's standpoint: I don't know what needs to go into a good HEN or what features/functions it needs to provide for homebrew software.

As for only needing one, I'd argue with that. It seems not all HENs are the same (Davee's is said to be a stripped down one), so I don't see where the harm in more than one option comes from. But, as it stands, I have zero, am waiting on one I hear is to be released by Tuesday, and am in the dark on what will happen after this HEN. For example, after the corporates patch this all well and good, who will write the next HEN? The more people that have the ability to do so, the better. ;)