• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Photography Contest April 2009 - Landscapes

twelve

I'm not dead
This months theme:
Chosen by twelve

Landscapes, Vistas etc

General info/Rules:
  • The contest will start the first of every month.
  • You will have 3 weeks to take your photographs.
  • 1 entry per member.
  • There are no camera or lens restrictions.
  • No software adjustments permitted, such as photoshop (including resizing).
  • No HDR Photography (so that users without SLR cameras aren't at a huge disadvantage).
  • Entries must be submitted by 23:59 (GMT) on the 21st of the month.
  • Entries must be taken between the 1st and 21st of the month (No using of old photographs).
  • Your photographs must be uploaded fullsize (your image host will most likely resize them and if not the forums will shrink them anyway so size is not an issue).
  • Voting will start once Entry has been closed and will run until the 28th of the month (1 week).

Prize:
Thanks to Abe_Froeman I've got a code for High Velocity Bowling from the PSN to give away this month.

The winner will pick the theme for the next months Contest and must PM their decision to me before the 1st of the month, if I do not receive a PM I will choose the theme (or take suggestions).

Other stuff:
The submission thread will be opened on or around the 14th.
Feel free to use this thread for any discussion of the contest (suggestions are very welcome) or posting photo's that are potentially going to be entered and you'd like opinions on.
Due to timezones submissions will most likely be closed early on the 22nd but don't rely on this. It would be best to get them in by 23:59 GMT in case I'm working a night shift :p
To be as fair as possible I will post a reminder in here when there are 3 days, 2 days and 1 day left for submission.
Once submissions have ended a Poll will be created for users to vote for the best photograph. Voting will be open for 1 week (until the 28th of the month).

This months winner:
Whisper:
Mountainbythelake.jpg

Slasher
04182009612.jpg

Zx30
1002722d.jpg

Sir Axxewraith
camping16.jpg

Dan
img010.jpg

ProfessorBurnt
attachment.php

spike021
dsc0634w.jpg

Eran
2rm5mvq.jpg

Previous contests:
Photography Contest February 2009 - No Theme - M for Mature Forums
Photography Contest March 2009 - Vehicles - M for Mature Forums

twelve

I'm not dead
Apologies for being a few days late getting this up. I've had a busy few weeks at work.

Managed to get a prize for this month. Thanks to Abe_Froeman I've got a code for High Velocity Bowling from the PSN. If you don't have a PS3 then I guess you can try and sell it or I'll try to work something else out.

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
Thanks to Windows 7 my camera can upload in all it's glory!

Looking forward to it, being up North and everything :p

twelve

I'm not dead
So by landscapes you mean far away nature related structures? Like mountains and stuff?

What are some examples?
I pick vague themes because it's open to interpretation meaning a wider variety of pictures can be used. So basically it's up to you what you take so long as you can justify that it is a landscape.

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
camping16.jpg

<3 full size.

That's from Sunday night (well Monday morning around 6ish).
Near Greenbooth reservoir. Pretty good seeing as though I had a blazing hangover, if I do say so myself ;)

It may looked shopped, but it was the outcome of messing with settings and changing my lens to it's stock.

twelve

I'm not dead
Apologies to everyone I've been really busy this past week.

Submissions thread is open now. Given that submissions are supposed to close on the 21st and that's only two days time you can have an extra two days and submissions close on the 23rd.