• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

JingProject - Record Your Screen

Sullivan

Ok we all know of the screen recorders, but this one is the best I have come accross, and its free. It takes the highest quality recording and outputs it in two wonderful formats, SWF (Flash) or MP4 (Video). It going to be great for helping out my grandparents with there computer and such. Because it records everything in high quality. Unlike those other recorders which also take up a lot of PC performance and CPU usage, this is a very efficient one.

Try it out for yourself:

Jing | Add visuals to your online conversations

Here's a video I took

http://www.tylermsullivan.com/2009-04-18_1311.swf

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Seems good but I myself have found Debut Video Capture to work just as good and is highly customizable in terms of video quality. (You can record video from your screen and audio from a microphone at the same time). The only thing that Debut doesn't have is an flv option I don't think (records in .avi)

EDIT: Debut can record in a number of formats, including .flv

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
Well, it beats TechSmith's other product - Camtasia Studio, which while great, is also unbelievably overpriced.

EDIT: Are you sure MP4 is a free feature? It seems to be listed as a pro feature on their website.

Sullivan

No, its not a free feature, although you can get it for free... :)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well, it beats TechSmith's other product - Camtasia Studio, which while great, is also unbelievably overpriced.

EDIT: Are you sure MP4 is a free feature? It seems to be listed as a pro feature on their website.

Camtasia is amazing, I have the full retail version and the built-in editor is alone worth it imo

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
Camtasia is amazing, I have the full retail version and the built-in editor is alone worth it imo

Built in Editor, eh? It seems to have gotten better since I've last checked it ;) I still don't like the idea of paying $300 for a screen recorder, however.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Built in Editor, eh? It seems to have gotten better since I've last checked it ;) I still don't like the idea of paying $300 for a screen recorder, however.

Yeah that price is hard to justify. It's only meant for those doing screen captures on a daily basis or plan to make something out of (which I will be doing). Just the fact that I can pan in and out on the video in the editor with ease is just jaw-dropping for me, very easy to do :)