• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

wololo

About that, is there a sort of code of Hackers like : You can't use the exploits of someone else to make your own HEN.
I mean, a bit of competition is never bad... Fanjita team could use the TIFF exploit to release their HEN, no?

What? The land of developers is not a happy place where every one loves his neighbour ? :D
If not, it shoud! ;)
It's not always easy. Devs do share their code, don't be mistaken. But they share it only with people they trust (and even though, this sometimes leads to drama, so...). Sharing publicly what you've got generates stealers (people who will just edit the credits for fame, for example), without generally bringing much actual help.
Add to that the "cat and mice" game that hackers play with Sony, and you'll understand why people prefer to work in very small groups.

I've seen a few months ago that "sharing" the code for vulnerability doesn't necessarily bring success (however it brings lots of fakes, people abusing your credibility to attract fame on themselves with fake claims).
Competition between hackers on the other hand, apparently does (bring success).

Go figure :eek:

yigal33

Hey guys.. OFW 5.50 is available, can someone try who has phat to upgrade to this firmware if the tiff exploit still works in this FW.. Thanks

Someone wrote it was trying to

The TIFF exploit doesn't work on 5.50 so **DO NOT UPDATE YOUR PSP!!!**, I tested it on my Slim and the TIFF file say "unsuported format". So if you have a PSP 3000 or Un-pandorable PSP, stay in 5.03.

imported_ruyor

Hey guys.. OFW 5.50 is available, can someone try who has phat to upgrade to this firmware if the tiff exploit still works in this FW.. Thanks

OFW 5.50 patches the TIFF, it just shows "Unsupported Data" ;)

--Edit--

yigal33 beat me to it...

Deniux

So the new firmware... hmmm so the date of the new firmware which is the same day with the HEN release date wasn't a coincidence :laugh: like I thought...
So they were developing a new firmware and because they couldn't patch the exploit in time (before the release of the HEN) they just removed the tiff files from the supported formats list :laugh:

Deniux

When it will be released it will be released... don't ask nobody knows except for Davee :laugh: but it will be released today, I think so...

Temet

1/ stop asking when the HEN will be released.
2/ about compatibility, it has been written in this topic that a new topic will be probably opened with tests of compatibility of Homebrews.

3/ ... did someone saw an information about an SDK ? Thanks.

Deniux

I don't know some say that you can't use Emulators and that you can use only homebrew apps... but others say that you can use emulators I guess that we will have to wait for the HEN then we will know :D

Kuraudo

on this hen all emu working fine?

Probably, unless they rely on M33 modules. Again: stop asking about compatibility. When the HEN is released, compatibility will be figured out, for now it's all guesswork.

As for whether or not emus/etc. will work on homebrew, they should. Davee said he isn't including anything to prevent them.

And as for the SDK, I imagine you would just use the SDK that's already available for PSP homebrew apps, just nothing that relies on M33 CFW.

tomcat70

Tiff exploit removed in 5.5 ;-) Just tested on phat..

Yes It's confirmed! It doesn't work on 5.05 firmware.....Sony has already patched it......:laugh: they don't loose time!
For everybody, we repeat again: 'Don't update to 5.05 firmware!!!'

Status
Not open for further replies.