• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Truency

Sullivan

So, ya. I got to appear in court on May 4.

I have never intentionally skipped a class in my high school, never.

We have to be at school 90% of the school year to get credit for a class, so do the math, I was absent for 5 days total. lmao

2 Days from last semester, for being sick. 3 Days this semester in February, because I was sick. Both of which my mom wrote me excuse notes for. They say they are un excused. I have never gone to detention, nor been in any disciplinary action, and I have probably been tardy to 4 classes my whole 4 years at this high school. Remember, I am a senior. My grades are the best, pulled off a-b average my junior year and all my senior year. Freshman and sophmore years, I kinda, ... uh.

This is bull, do you think with my clean record, I should win?

A lot of kids at my school, ended up having to pay 357$ per day they couldn't prove.

Right now I am just pissed.

Joey

You're going to court for missing 5 days? Where the hell do you live, China?

I used to miss 5 days of school over a 3 week period.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
You have to PAY money for unexcused absences? That's bullshit, tbh. Do you go to a public school? I've never heard of this before.

I missed a bunch of days during my high school years but only had to serve 1 after school detention.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Yea the high school security hands out tickets to kids who missed alot of days and they have to go to court.

Sullivan

Ya, its a public school. Its total bullshit, I'm going to fight them no matter what. My friend ended up paying 1k for all his shit, the judge is a bitch, very serious. It's not like I could have gone to school during those days, I felt like shit.

Chathurga

You have to PAY money for unexcused absences? That's bullshit, tbh. Do you go to a public school? I've never heard of this before.

Sully wouldn't be caught dead in a public school, all those unruly boys... how horrid :(

Edit: Holy shit he is in one, I guess he like those unruly boys ;o

Sullivan

lol @ chat. I don't even understand where this money is going.

And guess what? My court date, is May 4. A school day, at 1PM.

I'm going to mention, and ask, why I have to miss school, to attend court, which is about me missing school.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
fuck truancy

After we get more than ten days in any class for one semester we lose credit.

i think the fewest absences i have in any class right now is like five. most is eight. i've skipped a lot lately. ah well.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
Do you have a lawyer? Because if you're being forced to pay money if you lose in court, I'd try to get one of those no win no fee lawyers on my side.

lol this makes me laugh so hard, as i have been absent for over 30 days this year i usually skip once a week to keep the edge off school. Luckily i go to a public school that just passes you and graduates you so they look good. Thats also the shitty thing as we only have a 2% college graduation rate (if not lower). That really sux though court for just 5 days? that is really absurd.

Kuraudo

When I was in high school, not so long ago, I generally got truancy warning letters ("stop missing school or we'll see you in court!") every year, sometimes twice a year. Usually the first letter would happen around 7-8 absences, then I'd get another around 10. After that I'd just give in and go to class, but by that time the school year was almost over anyway. :)

RoBz

sucker
This is insane tbh. If you miss a day in school here, nothing happens, might need a note sometimes but that's it. I can't believe they're taking you to court, surely the court time, judge's time etc. could be spent in better ways?

Anyway, can you prove your absences? Did you go to the doctor or anything?

Dan

Contributor
School is bullshit, i hate it. I've just gotten suspended for joining a facebook group. Totally unjust.

But in your case, i think a lawyer is the way to go.

This is stupid as hell. For my school if you miss a day you just have to bring a note in to excuse it. No problem. If you miss handing the note in or what never teachers just remind you. I think if you have more than like 10 unexcused absences they call home and situated it.

But, I would know.... I've only missed one school day my whole life.

TeamOverload

School is bullshit, i hate it. I've just gotten suspended for joining a facebook group. Totally unjust.

But in your case, i think a lawyer is the way to go.

Wow, what was the group about? Not that it should matter as it was something OUTSIDE of school, i don't see how you could be suspended for that.

Adiuvo

Wow, what was the group about? Not that it should matter as it was something OUTSIDE of school, i don't see how you could be suspended for that.

It's like that now with the new cyber bullying laws. We had a conference at our school which was to inform us that if we misbehave online we can get expelled. It's ridiculous.

Dan

Contributor
It's like that now with the new cyber bullying laws. We had a conference at our school which was to inform us that if we misbehave online we can get expelled. It's ridiculous.

my best mate too got expelled due to cyber bullying, but it wasnt so much as bullying but stating an opinion. :(