• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence27

Yes It's confirmed! It doesn't work on 5.05 firmware.....Sony has already patched it......:laugh: they don't loose time!
For everybody, we repeat again: 'Don't update to 5.05 firmware!!!'

No.. It works on 5.05 FW, but it doesn't work on the previously released 5.50 FW coz it has been patched so don't upgrade to 5.50.

Alien

Good Morning all!!

Ok on the IRC channel Davee did say HEN soon and he is just working out the bugs so lets give him time to finish doing that :D.

I know we are all excited but constantly asking when it will be released is really out of the question now.

Chathurga

Any posts asking when Davee/the HEN will be available will just get deleted from now on.

It's ready when it's ready, stop asking.

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
Good Morning all!!

Ok on the IRC channel Davee did say HEN soon and he is just working out the bugs so lets give him time to finish doing that :D.

Yeah, let him release a stable version so we dont need alot of bug fixes :)

Any posts asking when Davee/the HEN will be available will just get deleted from now on.

It's ready when it's ready, stop asking.

Thank god for that!

Alien

Yes finally no more questions like that :w00t:.

Question:When in HEN mode could we downgrade the psp3000 to frimware 4.21 and still make the HEN work??

Znupi

I find it somewhat peculiar that Sony has already released a firmware update. Considering that the HEN is not yet out in the wild, they have no idea what the kernel exploit is, right? So, basically, if we find a usermode exploit in the 5.50 firmware we will be able to use the same kernel exploit? Seems like an odd decision from Sony :\.

Alien

I dont find that wierd at all.Once the Hello World Tiff was released Sony had access to it.If it takes a few Devs to make a HEN in a few months days etc.Im sure it would take Sony who is more educated in there systems to create a HEN and patch it in less time.

Right??

Znupi

Also, will this (sometime in the hopefully near future) let us run a full M33 firmware? Just like that guy (forgot his name) who posted that video with the GripShift exploit running M33 firmware (the one who used the kernel exploit DA gave him) on the 3000?

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM EST ----------

I dont find that wierd at all.Once the Hello World Tiff was released Sony had access to it.If it takes a few Devs to make a HEN in a few months days etc.Im sure it would take Sony who is more educated in there systems to create a HEN and patch it in less time.

Right??
Wrong (from what I know). The TIFF exploit that was released so far is just a usermode exploit. If they patch that, and we find another usermode exploit, we will be able to use the same kernel mode exploit after that. I think.

Alien

With the HEN that is coming i believe we do not have the ability to run things connected with M33 creators.It would be up to them to create apps such as an ISo Loader to be compatible with Davees HEN.Believe me im sure someone from the M33 team will.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Sony might have released the fw 5.50 today because HEN was planned for today (my opinion). Also wouldn't it be better for Sony to just remove the TIFF format alltogether? This really does raise a lot of questions...

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
Also, will this (sometime in the hopefully near future) let us run a full M33 firmware? Just like that guy (forgot his name) who posted that video with the GripShift exploit running M33 firmware (the one who used the kernel exploit DA gave him) on the 3000?

From what i understand No it wont! but i could be wrong.

thedicemaster

the gripshift HEN didn't run full m33.
it was simply a HEN with m33 modules added.

these will not be added in the first version(s) of davee's HEN, because davee didn't get permission yet to use m33 code.(i believe he had trouble contacting some people to ask for permission to use m33 parts, so they didn't say no yet.)

Deniux

Perhaps M33 is making another HEN and that's why M33 didn't wanted Davee to use the M33 Features at least that's what I would do :laugh:
But again I thing that there might be a HEN update soon, I am not sure though :D

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature
Perhaps M33 is making another HEN and that's why M33 didn't wanted Davee to use the M33 Features at least that's what I would do :laugh:
But again I thing that there might be a HEN update soon, I am not sure though :D

I doubt it but it's possible. Also they havent said yes or no to my knowledge.

Deniux

Why not? After the release of the HEN people will experiment with it find out bugs etc... and they will also ask for more... like compatibility with some specific Homebrew apps etc...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Why not? After the release of the HEN people will experiment with it find out bugs etc... and they will also ask for more... like compatibility with some specific Homebrew apps etc...

As far as we know HEN will be compatible will most, if not all, 3.xx Kernel homebrew... Also it has been hinted that this HEN will have updates.

As far as DaX and team M33 are concerned, I think they will sit this one out and let Davee and the other devs shine... Unless they [M33] are egomaniacs, but that I really much doubt.

MiKeY188

S For So Not Mature

im sure m33 aware of the situation and are trying things of there own but weather there releasing there own HEN is another thing.

As far as we know HEN will be compatible will most, if not all, 3.xx Kernel homebrew...

As far as DaX and team M33 are concerned, I think they will sit this one out and let Davee and the other devs shine... Unless they [M33] are egomaniacs, but that I really much doubt.

Davee lives in Scotland so hes probably in school like me lol hell probably release sometime after he gets gome :)

Dragoneon

The Server Asshole
wha 50 pages of reply s owo
iam impressed of how many people are waiting for this.
ON-TOPIC
hen is gonaa be great
and to answer the m33 guys q
i houghly dought the m33 team are makeing a hen of ther own

anyone know what dark-alkex is upto??

wha 50 pages of reply s owo
iam impressed of how many people are waiting for this.
ON-TOPIC
hen is gonaa be great
and to answer the m33 guys q
i houghly dought the m33 team are makeing a hen of ther own

anyone know what dark-alkex is upto??

I'm pretty sure m33 team split up, its just Alex himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.