• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Truency

Sullivan

Yes, and no. The teachers continue to get paid, but the school looses funding. They get paid like 3-5 dollars per kid who shows up. Which is even more crazy, its a 5A school, we have over 3000 students. 3k x 3$ = 9K.

Which concludes another thing, why are we in debt to last years prom? We owe like 10K to the marriot hotel. WTF LMAO

Maximum isn't 5. Thats what I am fucking pissed about, theres people who have missed more then 10 days, and haven't had a warning letter sent.

So what should I do about this? Any help, I have never been to court, I don't even have a slack and tie. Is jeans and a polo fine, or a button up shirt.

Slasher

Suck It
Go to court with cash money in your hand. Pay the fine straight up.

Sullivan

I don't think that is the way. I want to win. I was sick, I couldn't physically come to school, which makes me pissed. That's like telling your boss you were very sick, then 6 months later he sues you because you were sick for 5 days... 6 months ago.

Slasher

Suck It
Excuse my humble attitude here, but what a flawed and bullshit system over there.

Teachers here are paid by salary of a steady sum as far as I know. Students showing up or not have no consequence on the teacher. Just the student.

Leecher

I don't think that is the way. I want to win. I was sick, I couldn't physically come to school, which makes me pissed. That's like telling your boss you were very sick, then 6 months later he sues you because you were sick for 5 days... 6 months ago.

I agree. That's pretty messed up. I would be pissed too.

Sullivan

Ya, I agree with you both, But I am not just going to go pay for some crap, that I know I shouldn't be.

Sullivan

All right cool. Is jeans fine to wear to court, lol? I'm not going to go buy slacks to go to court.

Sullivan

Thanks. I don't know why, but I am really scared about this, or may it be I am just super pissed.

Thanks guys for everything, I guess I will wait till May 4, and miss school at 1:00PM to goto court, lulz. And then report back.

LocutusEstBorg

Holy crap, this is bureaucracy to the maximum. I've never even heard of something like this. Why don't you just leave and join somewhere else?

Sullivan

Holy crap, this is bureaucracy to the maximum. I've never even heard of something like this. Why don't you just leave and join somewhere else?

?

Its a public school, I could leave, but its the end of my senior year.

Second, If I left and went to another high school, I would still have to show up to court. Its has nothing to do with the school any more, its all in the court, I will get arrested if I don't show up.

Slasher

Suck It
Imagine that, not only is it ridiculous enough that you actually have to go to friggin court, but they can potentially arrest you for missing 5 days of class. lol.

Sullivan

I am almost guaranteed that we will win. There's an absence that my coach marked me for, and I talked to him 2 weeks ago, and he said he was going to take it off. But it is still there. So if they don't take it off, then we will have to go further into this. I got copies of all my notes. So at this point, I can prove 4 days, and 1 class I was marked absent for by my coach, so its all good.

I will keep you updated for more...