• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Xbox 360 Breaks 1 Million Sold Barrier In Japan

eXo

M for Messenger
It has been a long hard struggle but the Xbox 360 has finally reached the million units sold mark in Japan. According to Japanese magazine publisher Enterbrain who publish long established gaming mag Famitsu, the Xbox 360 has sold 1,001,191 units as of March 29. Microsoft had high hopes for the Xbox 360when it went on [...]

More...

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
nice, just maybe just maybe 360 can survive in japan.

Cryox

Bro.
that is pretty good considering Japan is Nintendo world. maybe sony too, but where else you gonna find pokemon t-shirts in every store?

Joey

Considering the original Xbox sold about 473,000 in it's entire lifetime, this is pretty significant. For Microsoft, at least, it's not like it shifts the balance of power or anything.

user friendly

Lost Odyssey
Infinite Undiscovery
Star Ocean 4
Vesperia
Last Remnant

There's a few more I think but I don't know them off the top of my head.

twelve

I'm not dead
Eternal Sonata (timed exclusive, same as The Last Remnant)
Lost Oddyssey
Blue Dragon

MS should just buy Square-Enix, will probably be cheaper in the long run.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
It still doesn't sell that well on a weekly basis. One million by this point isn't really something to celebrate honestly, it's been out in Japan for four years.

Well technically, it was only 3 years and 3 months when it hit the 1 million mark :p So, it wasn't a whole 4 years.

Ok, so it's not the great of sales numbers, but it's a lot better then the original XBOX sales. Plus, it's still got another 2-3 years left on the Japanese market.

Leecher

I could care less about the sales numbers for the 360. I think it is a great console no matter what. :)