• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
u know what i dont care that HEN any more! cuz no cso support its useless! i heard hed says hes not going to support an iso loader cuz its not legal, but hes going to support emulators, right? but roms are also not legal, i really dont know what is going through his head? if someone plays cso it doesnt mean u play a downloaded game, it might be that u ripped your own umds into an iso file cuz u dont want to take them with u everywhere u go!

99.99% of the time it's a downloaded game.

dcyli

u know what i dont care that HEN any more! cuz no cso support its useless! i heard hed says hes not going to support an iso loader cuz its not legal, but hes going to support emulators, right? but roms are also not legal, i really dont know what is going through his head? if someone plays cso it doesnt mean u play a downloaded game, it might be that u ripped your own umds into an iso file cuz u dont want to take them with u everywhere u go!

We don't care that you don't care.

Why post in here anyways then?

ry64

I'm a winner.

retard.jpg

radiodemon

If there was a release date we wouldn't be sitting around talking about when he's going to release it, would we?

If there was a release date people would be here at 12:00 am of that day asking if it's going to be released -__-

Edit: Actually they'll be like: it's already [release date] in [my country] why is not released yet?

Cheetablaze

People! please read earlier comments. Davee will be out of pocket for this weekend and does not have a internet connection. Even if he worked tirelessly on this on his computer he won't be able to upload it. If you want to kill time log into the MfM chat room and join the fun!

Is there anyway to just freeze this forum until something new comes out. I feel that this is now getting random like the last one. If somebody wants to make a new thread just call it "Woot for Davee!! Let's say random stuff about what he is doing" I won't be doing that.. but ya'll are welcome to I guess. "probably get deleted in a quick hurry"

Wolfking77

Is this New HEN from scratch or is it based on an older one (I.E the DAX ones) and just rejigged for new FW,HW and shit?

i beleive its from scratch however i dont think anyone can say 100% for sure exept for davee and team typhoon

mc-B3oWoLF

Translating...
I guess, it's going to be something 'between' the new one ('cuz of the method it uses to start, I mean the xploit) and some previous ones that "opened the door" to homebrew..
Only those, who are really close to the development process can know for sure ;)

A_Nub

Developer
NO ONE CARES if you are happy. He is doing this on his own time, so people should never ask when. He made the mistake of saying a date, get over it.

irekski

just irekski
yah thats the bigguest mistake he made in saying a date..

besides dont know if its true or not hes a 15years old kid... so im sure he still have kids need you know playing out side and stuff. and HIGH SCHOOL! ahhaha so you guys should be patient.. besides the mere fact that HE MADE A HEN would give relief to MOST PSP-3000 users to be able to use homebrew dont care how long it takes as long as we know we can use homebrew in short THERE IS STILL HOPE! hahah

WillyVWade

am not even saying anything i just said it would be nice if he made a youtube video how to use it and features wow.

How it works? See Hello World.
features? Yeah, they're all kind of implied in the name "Homebrew ENabler".

EDIT!
yah thats the bigguest mistake he made in saying a date..

besides dont know if its true or not hes a 15years old kid... so im sure he still have kids need you know playing out side and stuff. and HIGH SCHOOL! ahhaha so you guys should be patient.. besides the mere fact that HE MADE A HEN would give relief to MOST PSP-3000 users to be able to use homebrew dont care how long it takes as long as we know we can use homebrew in short THERE IS STILL HOPE! hahah

Well this is the biggest presumption EVER. But a 15YO boy in britain on something he actually called an "expedition" sounds like Duke of Edinburgh (hiking, camping. lots of shit outside) work to me.

anon2146

Well, personally Ive given up as said before and just now sold my PSP on estarland.com and got a Value Pack PSP-1000. Also picked up a Datel Service Mode activator for the battery and a CR-500 and 8GB MicroSD (dont have money for a 16 atm). This is probably good news for you guys as it seems every time I give up waiting for a hack or what have you it comes out within the month.

transcend3nt

the team will create a HEN with ISO Loader for themselves and keep it aside (probably)

and create the HEN without ISO Loader for everybody

and the delay is because they need time to implement features so that iso loader cannot be implemented easily

i'm pretty sure i hit the bullseye.

I pity that psp would now slowly rise up to be affordable by the ones who can afford those games.

Some of the games are really expensive. buying 3 of them can already equate to a DS Lite. Another would add on to a flash card for downloading games.

If you are reading this and you're deciding whether to go for PSP or DS, go for a 2nd hand psp with iso loading or DS.

Those who yak the whole day that the excuse of "buying games are expensive so why did you buy a PSP".

It is really surprising that you didnt know that buying 4 to 5 PSP games can equate to a FULL PSP Set. Now, allow me to point out that 4 to 5 games are just average for a gamer. below that, is Pathetic (emphasizing).

If i can buy a PSP 3000 for $250 here, around 5 "above average games" would cost around $250 too.

I can afford to buy a psp doesnt mean I can afford to buy those games. As you can see (please understand the above example before proceeding), just a miserable 4~5 games already cost 2 times the cost of the original PSP.

If you say you could afford lots of games, please understand that you are :

• Lucky enough to have parents overloading with money, flowing out of your pockets for you to take like as if it were water
  • Lucky enough to have sufficient money to buy lots of games
  • Lucky enough not to have been poor before

Allow me to emphasize WHY SOME people get PSP even though they cannot afford the games:

• They really like the PSP to DS (pretty much idiotic obvious choice, even for retards to notice) as PSP offers much preferred features to them, as compared to DS

Yup, that's probably what you didnt know. Do take note and understand consumer's preference in consoles.

The point of this is not to flame hackers who do not put iso loaders. I am just highlighting the plight of many owners of PSP who REALLY cannot afford many games like myself. The country that I live in is good, I cannot really imagine what goes around other countries when their currency is falling. Probably 2 crisis cores could get them a export DS.

Yes, I cannot afford new popular PSP games as 3 of those games can buy me a DS, here.

And yes, again, I am a PS fan and prefer PS consoles to DS Lite. However, you MIGHT not be surprised that I gave up buying 3 PSP games for a nice DS loaded with 4gb of games now. As compared to the lone initial D UMD, always in my PSP, and nearly completed.

(So why the hell did I get a PSP at first? Needed a music player, needed a video player. Had "trust" that the hack would come out in future, but not really)

As for those who say that game developers will lose lots of money due to downloading, please look at the statistics. Even when DS Lite can download games, there are many original games still being sold. Look at GameFaqs. Look at the "upcoming games". Why are developers still developing games for the DS when they know it can be downloaded?

Not putting a ISO loader does stop piracy for PSP 3000. On the other side it does not mean people will buy original games. You cant "force" consumers to do that because there is no iso loader. You'll just PUSH them to another platform for gaming. There will probably be a short rise in the sales, but eventually future PSP gamers will be only belong to the market group of work people or children of the riches. And yes if you did notice by now, PSP console sales would probably decline, conpared to the new DSi or DS, actually, just decline.

Do think between the lines.

Just my 2-cents.

WillyVWade

the team will create a HEN with ISO Loader for themselves and keep it aside (probably)

and the delay is because they need time to implement features so that iso loader cannot be implemented easily

Well I'm pretty sure you didn't. ISO will be completely capable of running on the HEN. It's up to SOMEONE else to put it out and it's upto you to put it on your PSP.

Also, you wasted your time [STRIKE]writing[/STRIKE] vomiting all that.

Strif3

Actually I agree with him in some sense, Im not so sure about them keeping an ISO loader from themselves and yea other ppl will prolly release one, but its true about the cost of games, I bought a psp 3000 for about $200 in january, and yea i cant really afford to buy any games for them, im hoping though that homebrew provides as much entertainment as games would...

There are tons of cool homebrew stuff out there.

lawrence27

I pity that psp would now slowly rise up to be affordable by the ones who can afford those games.

Some of the games are really expensive. buying 3 of them can already equate to a DS Lite. Another would add on to a flash card for downloading games.

If you are reading this and you're deciding whether to go for PSP or DS, go for a 2nd hand psp with iso loading or DS.

Those who yak the whole day that the excuse of "buying games are expensive so why did you buy a PSP".

It is really surprising that you didnt know that buying 4 to 5 PSP games can equate to a FULL PSP Set. Now, allow me to point out that 4 to 5 games are just average for a gamer. below that, is Pathetic (emphasizing).

If i can buy a PSP 3000 for $250 here, around 5 "above average games" would cost around $250 too.

I can afford to buy a psp doesnt mean I can afford to buy those games. As you can see (please understand the above example before proceeding), just a miserable 4~5 games already cost 2 times the cost of the original PSP.

If you say you could afford lots of games, please understand that you are :

• Lucky enough to have parents overloading with money, flowing out of your pockets for you to take like as if it were water
  • Lucky enough to have sufficient money to buy lots of games
  • Lucky enough not to have been poor before

Allow me to emphasize WHY SOME people get PSP even though they cannot afford the games:

• They really like the PSP to DS (pretty much idiotic obvious choice, even for retards to notice) as PSP offers much preferred features to them, as compared to DS

Yup, that's probably what you didnt know. Do take note and understand consumer's preference in consoles.

The point of this is not to flame hackers who do not put iso loaders. I am just highlighting the plight of many owners of PSP who REALLY cannot afford many games like myself. The country that I live in is good, I cannot really imagine what goes around other countries when their currency is falling. Probably 2 crisis cores could get them a export DS.

Yes, I cannot afford new popular PSP games as 3 of those games can buy me a DS, here.

Just my 2-cents.

I second that. You're god damn right, i had my psp for barely five months now and still i don't own a single umd yet, what can you expect from a citizen of a 3rd world like me? And they should consider the global financial crisis that we are encountering right now. :(

Alien

I really wish people would stop crying over the no ISO/CSO loader function.Davee did not say it would be impossible to run a ISO/CSO loader .He said he would not put the function in himself,meaning there will be one for his HEN in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.