• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

I need some help.

Seth

MD Party Room
I have to write a cause and effective paper but my brain is fried right now and I cant seem to come up with a topic for the past 2 weeks. No matter how hard I try.

Anyone got one?

Aragorn38

Mature User :)
Well, i could give you a bunch of ideas, but personal imagination is always better.
An advice though, i you're not in a HUGE hurry, go watch some movies based on that, it may help you work something out :
- Butterfly Effect 1,2,3. (Seriously only the first one is interesting)
- Run, Lola, Run (Epic, if you did not see it)
- Sliding Doors (More casual, but still OK)

Hope i understood your question, but a good call good be to access your paper on easy-to-understand Software Programming. What is better explanation of Cause and Effect than a good old computer code ? :)

Seth

MD Party Room

chrono6456

Hmm. Wars are usually a easy subject for this.

First easy things that come to mind are

assassination of Arch Duke Francis Ferdinand by Gavrilo Princep, and how it quickly escalated to World War 1

OR

how the Treaty of Versailles that ended World War 1 directly caused World War 2, taking into account the policy of appeasement prior to the war taken by Great Britain and France to Hitler. This ones probably easier.

The Treaty of Versailles put impossibly strict limitations and reparations on Germany that were bound to be opposed. The Weimar Republic was hated in Germany, and some people were profiteering off the shambled government, including some Jews. It was only a matter of time until Hitler would take center stage. A victim of child abuse, and someone who originally aspired to be a painter (to be honest, his paintings aren't bad at all), when things weren't going as well as he thought, he had no where to turn. Hitler saw World War 1 as the greatest moment of his life, as he could finally do something he would love, defending his country (hitler at the announcement of WWI http://www.militaryimages.net/photopost/data/575/5hitler_in_the_crowd.jpg). As a messenger though, he was hit with chlorine gas and, unfortunately for the world, was not blinded forever. When he regained sight, he saw Germany had lost the war.

He was angry, hated the Wiemar republic, there was hyper inflation, the middle class was suffering, this was the ideal place for fascism to rise, which would promise law and order. Hitler joined the Nazi Fascist party and quickly rose ranks to become leader of it and make it the biggest political part in germany, thanks to his oratory skills. In 1923, I believe, there was the Beer Hall Putsch, which was an attempt to take over the government in Germany, but failed since it was just started by a bunch of drunkards. Hitler was put in jail, but got only 2 years for his judge was sympathetic. In jail, he wrote Mein Kampf (1923) which was his biography, Germany's history, and his future plans. When Hitler was released from prison, the fascist party was losing power since American aid was making life better in Germany, however, when the Great Depression hit, the Nazi party once again became the largest part in Germany. in 1930 something, Hitler became Chancellor and was given law making power, and, when the Reichstag was burt down a few days later, Hitler blamed it on commies and was given emergency powers and made himself dictator. After a year of going well, he made himself dictator for life. (quite similarly to Benito Mussolini) Now, the world was on the road to war.

Need I go on? :)

Sorry, I just had a test on WWII a few days ago, and who doesn't like war stories.

january39

eXo Staff
Or Speech's & actions that small in size, but huge in the changes they make long term.

Im thinking of winston churchill esque stuff

Seth

MD Party Room
So any other good ideas?

Moose

Meta Moose
He was angry, hated the Wiemar republic, there was hyper inflation, the middle class was suffering, this was the ideal place for fascism to rise, which would promise law and order. Hitler joined the Nazi Fascist party and quickly rose ranks to become leader of it and make it the biggest political part in germany, thanks to his oratory skills. In 1923, I believe, there was the Beer Hall Putsch, which was an attempt to take over the government in Germany, but failed since it was just started by a bunch of drunkards. Hitler was put in jail, but got only 2 years for his judge was sympathetic. In jail, he wrote Mein Kampf (1923) which was his biography, Germany's history, and his future plans. When Hitler was released from prison, the fascist party was losing power since American aid was making life better in Germany, however, when the Great Depression hit, the Nazi party once again became the largest part in Germany. in 1930 something, Hitler became Chancellor and was given law making power, and, when the Reichstag was burt down a few days later, Hitler blamed it on commies and was given emergency powers and made himself dictator. After a year of going well, he made himself dictator for life. (quite similarly to Benito Mussolini) Now, the world was on the road to war.

Need I go on? :)

Sorry, I just had a test on WWII a few days ago, and who doesn't like war stories.

Hitler created the Nazi party (with the help of his associates), he didn't join it. Also, the Beer Hall Putsch was an attempt to take Munich, which if they had succeeded they would have proceeded to march into Berlin and overthrow the Weimar Government. Also, if I remember correctly Hitler became Chancellor in 1933. :)

Call me picky. :p

Dan

Contributor
The Nazi Party was not founded by Hitler. After he went over to Germany from Austria, he found out about the Nazi's, who weren't a very big party then, but Hitler was appointed as leader later for his thoughts and dictation skills. The nazi party was set up 1918-1919, wheras Hitler joined in 1920 :)

But then again, there are a few things that contributed to the cause of WWII: The assasination of Sarajevo, Germanys anger at the Treaty of Versailles.. etc.

Seth

MD Party Room
SO I picked a topic...

The Environmental Consequences of War

but I got a dead end anyone got some ideas..

Seth

MD Party Room
I have a majority of it done... I just need about 1/3 of page to tie it up

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
SO I picked a topic...

The Environmental Consequences of War

but I got a dead end anyone got some ideas..

Talk about all of the unexploded ordinances that litter Laos and Cambodia left over from the Vietnam War.

Slasher

Suck It
Talk about all of the unexploded ordinances that litter Laos and Cambodia left over from the Vietnam War.

Not to mention all of the agent orange dropped during the American Vietnam war ;)