• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slasher

Suck It
Erland, I see where you're coming from, but discussing this is pointless. There's nothing to even discuss. What's done is done.

He publicly announced what he was working on for many various reasons. There's nothing that can be done to change that. Giving your opinion and saying that he should have handled it differently is more or less irrelevant. It solves nothing and contributes nothing positive to what Davee is working on for all of us.

If you feel like criticizing Davee's actions and giving him advice, then feel free to send him a PM. I'm sure it will be ignored, much like it should be. I know if you were to send me a PM of something along the lines of telling me what to do and how to handle a situation and saying that the way I handled it was quote "stupid", I would definitely take it offensively.

Also, for anybody else listening, please try to cut down on the spam and offtopicness that's going on. If you feel like having a chat with another member, then feel free to use our IRC channel which can be easily accessed by clicking the 'MfM Chat' link up top on the main bar.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Thread has been cleaned up to the point where the majority of the posts are helpful or, at the very least, on topic.

We decided to close this thread a while back as the amount of spam/offtopic and pointless comments were somewhat overwhelming and we felt that everyone needed a little timeout to calm down. Shortly after closing this thread, we realised that we were preventing people from participating in the discussion they came here and registered for and, as such, we decided to unlock this thread and keep it unlocked.

That being said, we will continue to watch this thread and delete any and all spam/offtopic posts as we come across them. If your posts are disappearing, please check your posting style as you may be banned from this discussion if you continue along that road.

While it's obvious that everyone is really excited about the HEN and the possibilities that come with it, you need to understand that we need to keep discussion relevant to the topic at hand/useful as some people may want to read through the whole discussion to catch up on what they missed.

To reiterate and make it clear: we will not be closing this thread as people are coming to our community to take part in this discussion.

Thank you for your time and understanding in this matter.

mikeevd

Am I the only one who couldn't get the hello world thing to work at all on his psp 3000. Maybe it's just THAT unstable (I tried about 15 or so times), but I've yet to get it to work after trying several peoples strategies.

I'm assuming I shouldn't worry though because when this is released it will be more stable to the point where it should work instantly. Just frustrating, anybody else on the same boat or has everyone got it to work?

My bad if this counts as spam, after seeing all the posts in this thread I'm not even sure what it's about anymore.

Maattt

Am I the only one who couldn't get the hello world thing to work at all on his psp 3000. Maybe it's just THAT unstable (I tried about 15 or so times), but I've yet to get it to work after trying several peoples strategies.

Just keep trying.. it's taken some people like 50 tries :p
Read earlier posts in this thread for other peoples methods of getting the tiff to work instantly

Temet

I have a serious question (yes I know, sounds crazy in this topic :D) : will it be possible to go on the PSN with the HEN? For online Wipeout Pulse gaming for example.
I'm not sure someone can answer, except a Typhoon member.

Thanks in advance.

Fives

I have a serious question (yes I know, sounds crazy in this topic :D) : will it be possible to go on the PSN with the HEN? For online Wipeout Pulse gaming for example.
I'm not sure someone can answer, except a Typhoon member.

Thanks in advance.

To go on PSN? Like connect to the network for gaming? That should be fine. But I think that with the latest FW releases they make you upgrade for the store, so you won't be able to access that.

Erland

Erland, I see where you're coming from, but discussing this is pointless. There's nothing to even discuss. What's done is done.

He publicly announced what he was working on for many various reasons. There's nothing that can be done to change that. Giving your opinion and saying that he should have handled it differently is more or less irrelevant. It solves nothing and contributes nothing positive to what Davee is working on for all of us.

If you feel like criticizing Davee's actions and giving him advice, then feel free to send him a PM. I'm sure it will be ignored, much like it should be. I know if you were to send me a PM of something along the lines of telling me what to do and how to handle a situation and saying that the way I handled it was quote "stupid", I would definitely take it offensively.

Also, for anybody else listening, please try to cut down on the spam and offtopicness that's going on. If you feel like having a chat with another member, then feel free to use our IRC channel which can be easily accessed by clicking the 'MfM Chat' link up top on the main bar.

You are correct.

Also I did not mean to offend anyone...I was just simply trying to converse.

Davee I hope I didn't offend you and keep on doing your thing...

irekski

just irekski
guys keep your pants up.. :D just hold on a bit... the TIFF exploit was relaxing enough to know that PSP3000 IS NOT IN GOD MODE HAHAH

DAMN THIS sony people.. they when 5.50 came out they force people to update so u can access PSN through your PSP lmao...

if you do get fooled too bad LOL

BUY YOUR PSP-3000 NOW WHILE PRICES ARE LOW AND 5.50 is barely on the market LOL

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I've got a TA-088V3...I wouldn't go for 3000 because of the extra security.

I can't wait until this is released and someone starts working on a backup loader (I'll be able to play prinny again after my cousins jacked it :p)

irekski

just irekski
lol... true2 but PSPs will never be in god mode :D.. i believe one of my co-forumers in pinoypsp.com is doing hard mod on psp2000 with TA-088V3, but dont really know what it does lol... i wanna play marion on my psp3000 AHAH LOL.

wuerfli

hello,
this my first post on this forum and english is not my native language, but I will give it a try ;)
like somone above my post already said you can't go to PSP Store and download something without FW 5.50 anymore.

Will there be a resolution about that problem, maybe a Homebrew let us use PSP Store ? Because if there will be more games like Patapon2 in america people with Ta88v3 or PSP3000 would have problems getting those games.

Has someone an idea how to eliminate this problem?

wuerfli

edit:/ I forget: want to say thanks to all developers let us play Homebrew on our PSP 3000

lawrence27

hello,
this my first post on this forum and english is not my native language, but I will give it a try ;)
like somone above my post already said you can't go to PSP Store and download something without FW 5.50 anymore.

Will there be a resolution about that problem, maybe a Homebrew let us use PSP Store ? Because if there will be more games like Patapon2 in america people with Ta88v3 or PSP3000 would have problems getting those games.

Has someone an idea how to eliminate this problem?

wuerfli

edit:/ I forget: want to say thanks to all developers let us play Homebrew on our PSP 3000

You can always use the Media Manager in PC. For your PSP Store concerns.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM EST ----------

It will be out when it's ready. However, to calm down the crowd, a little proof of concept video will be published later today by one of Davee's beta-testers for anyone interested. ;)

That's what the impatient and doubters is waiting for. lol.

wuerfli

You can always use the Media Manager in PC. For your PSP Store concerns.

I can't use Media Manager without PSP :( He says I have to put on my PSP with USB cable and use option "Connection about USB" and when I try to download something he says I need FW 5.50
Is there another way to use Media Manager?

oh my god I have learnd english for so many years and now I realize I can't even compose simple sentences :blushing: sorry

wuerfli

seanix

The reason why they don't released a video as a proof might be preventing anyone else from knowing the process of cracking.In order to confuse SONY anyway..

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
It will be out when it's ready. However, to calm down the crowd, a little proof of concept video will be published later today by one of Davee's beta-testers for anyone interested. ;)

[YT=HD]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn2Z8bYr3tE[/YT]
As promised here i am with the Proof Of Concept Video of the HEN.
Hope you all enjoy :)

Video Description said:
This is a demo of the 5.03 firmware running the tiff exploit and booting into a HEN environment on a PSP 2003 on 5.03 Official Firmware. This proves that the code survives a reboot and the system software and MAC address can be changed. This is something that only can be done with a kernel exploit. A video launching homebrew will be posted later.

Credits:
Homebrew Enabler - (Davee) Team Typhoon
5.03 Tiff Exploit - MaTiAz
Video - Granite
The Community - All your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.