• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

OMG PLEASE HELP

fixxer406

okay... i was having problems w/ loading certain isos... and then i reformated my mem disk and restored defaults and im not exactly sure what happened but now when i turn on my psp i get a black screen.... and then when i hold on while its on that black screen the recovery menu opens... then from there i click exit menu and it goes to the regular loading screen... but why is it when i turn it on it just goes to a black screen and wont go anywhere from there

i think i might be missing the config file in my flash1 folder... but i cant get one... is there a possiblity someone could send me one???

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

fixxer406

yes iv tried that its completely out of the folder... and then when i turn on my psp it still just goes to black screen and the light on the right that shows that its working or w/e keeps blinking every few seconds and then i hold r and the recovery menu shows up....

this isnt a HUGE deal but its kinda annoying having to go into recovery everytime i turn on the psp + if someone else i kno uses it there going to be like wtf

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yes iv tried that its completely out of the folder... and then when i turn on my psp it still just goes to black screen and the light on the right that shows that its working or w/e keeps blinking every few seconds and then i hold r and the recovery menu shows up....

this isnt a HUGE deal but its kinda annoying having to go into recovery everytime i turn on the psp + if someone else i kno uses it there going to be like wtf

do you have any plugins enabled?

and is a UMD in the drive? Try taking it out and see if the problem persists.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i took the umd out and plugins enabled i dont think so and if i do how do i disable them...

they would be in recovery mode -> plugins

also when you PSP boots up to a black screen, you try holding down the brightness key or pressing it a few times? Sometimes people have issues with that.

hmm if that doesn't fix it try removing the MS as well. that's all I can think of atm.

fixxer406

neither work... and i just tryed downgradeing it to 1.5 and that isnt working for some reason it keeps telling me it cant find the UPDATE.PBP and all the files are correctly placed

im starting 2 think my psp is doomed

and when i take out the MS and boot it up btw it loads up fine.... does that mean its something with my MS?

fixxer406

hahaha after i took it out and booted it up w/o it in there and put it back in it works

thanks a lot i really applicate your help!!!

btw

do some ISOs just not work w/ 3.40 oe-a?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor