• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Create Contrast

tave

Hey guys, i was just writing a response to a story for english class, and i began to wonder

I was about to write blah blah blah is crucial because it creates contrast, but then i began to think.. why is contrast in a story so crucial

I have written it in so many responses before, but really, wat differance does contrast make in a story, and how does it help the story to develop

Cryox

Bro.
It makes the story interesting and compares things that you might recognize to things you might not. It is also probably part of the authors style of writing and varies from author to author somewhat.

Why do authors put contrast in a story?

Sorry, just had to... :(

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Depends on what you're contrasting. Like in Requiem for a Dream they just show how they all get fucked up.

Or...it could be the contrast between the perceived and even falsely attained American dream to the stark reality of the real world.

<3 Requiem. Although most people only seem to see a book/movie about people doing drugs...shame. :(